Front forks

Is there a right or wrong with the height of the front forks? I had a look in manual and it says grove to the top pinch but there is no grove on these forks. How many mm should be showing 20170508_155740.jpg

What year are those forks?

I'd assume flush with the top of the tube (not cap) would be standard then.  Raising tubes 2-4mm for a little more front end bias.

I gonna take a shot in the dark and say they dropped the forks in the clamp to make room for the bleeder.

Do you have the "R" or "RB"?

Just made into big wheel but only changed the swing arm and rims.
Does it affect the handling of the bike at all?

The fork is the same I believe for both bikes. The only difference is they slide them up in the clamps for the small wheel.

The higher the forks, the faster it will steer but will lose stability.

Lower will increase stability but could cause it to push in corners.

Unfortunately I don't have a 150R anymore or I would tell you what the measurement should be.

The fork is the same I believe for both bikes. The only difference is they slide them up in the clamps for the small wheel.

The higher the forks, the faster it will steer but will lose stability.

Lower will increase stability but could cause it to push in corners.

Unfortunately I don't have a 150R anymore or I would tell you what the measurement should be.

All good thanks for the info

Here is a pic of my fork (2007 rb).

The line is 7mm below the top of the tube (not cap).

IMG_20170509_204527516[1].jpg

CRF150R:  28 mm (1.1") from the top end of the outer tube. Oil level in forks: 123 mm (4.84"). Fork spring: 3.33 N/mm.

CRF150RB: 8 mm (.3") from the top end of the outer tube. Oil level in forks: 141 mm (5.55"). Fork spring: 3.53 N/mm.

The rear spring also has less tension, but you should get springs for your weight and speed, so that won't matter.

• Like 1

CRF150R:  28 mm (1.1") from the top end of the outer tube. Oil level in forks: 123 mm (4.84"). Fork spring: 3.33 N/mm.
CRF150RB: 8 mm (.3") from the top end of the outer tube. Oil level in forks: 141 mm (5.55"). Fork spring: 3.53 N/mm.
The rear spring also has less tension, but you should get springs for your weight and speed, so that won't matter.

Thank for the info. Just made it a big wheel. Guess I should check the oil level, didn't realize it was different