My custom under bar Steering Stabilizer Mount

I couldn't find what I wanted for a clean under bar mount for my Scott's steering stabilizer so I made my own. I used Scott's existing low post kit for that part of it. The bar rise is 1-1/4" (32mm). It could be 30mm. I had the mount hard anodized black with a UV protective coating added.

Here's the pix;

20170422_185950-1.jpg

20170422_185908-1.jpg

20170422_185922-1.jpg

20170507_193958-1.jpg

20170507_194046-1.jpg

• Like 14

Nice mount set up. What hand guard are you using?

15 hours ago, MountAiryTrailRiders said:

Why can't I see the pics?!

I'm not sure, how are you viewing the forum?

35 minutes ago, MountAiryTrailRiders said:

Mobile

Go into settings on the mobile app and I believe you'll find an option for loading images. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, poconovfr said:

These for sale yet?

Not yet. I made this one for myself. If there's enough interest I can make a batch of them, or possibly one at a time per order. I haven't figured out a price yet.

The anodizing is expensive if they are done one at a time, basically $100 min charge. I was able to ride in on an industrial order to get mine done. But you can paint it easily enough if you want it black or leave it bare aluminum.

Man I'd be down for that, Bare alu would be fine. I have everything from my KLX except for the mount and yours is sweet.

I got one of these underbar mounts made for a Beta 300rr, works well.  28mm high.

dampner1.jpg

• Like 2

On 5/31/2017 at 7:52 PM, poconovfr said:

These for sale yet?

Yes, but currently on an as ordered basis.

I charge $75 for bare aluminum plus whatever UPS charges me to ship it to your location. I can do the hard black anodized for $25 extra but I'd need to get a batch together to meet their minimum.

I can make them for the 4T and 2T bikes (the hole spacing is different between the 4T and 2T) in 28, 30, 32mm height options. So far it looks like 28mm is about as low as you can go and still have clearance between the lower part of the bar clamp and the stabilizer.

I'm trying to see if I can fix the photos in the original post as I got hosed by Photobucket and it seems TT doesn't allow you to edit older posts.

So here's a few photos.

20170422_185950-1-L.jpg

20170422_185908-1-XL.jpg

20170422_185922-1-XL.jpg

This is on my bike and is 32mm high.

20170507_193958-1-L.jpg

On 3/10/2018 at 8:04 AM, mtdirtbag said:

Are those Endurospec fork internals?

Yes it is.

• Like 1

Here's a link to previous comment on mxt:

I now have 35 hours on it, my thoughts in old post are still accurate, outside I'd like it a bit plusher in rock gardens.  Pulling the forks off tonight, dropping it off at Endurospec tomorrow for a revalve. 

Edited by jviz1

On 3/10/2018 at 4:55 AM, jviz1 said:

I got one of these underbar mounts made for a Beta 300rr, works well.  28mm high.

dampner1.jpg

What is that clamp on tower you have there? 

4 minutes ago, Chase Jiannalone said:

What is that clamp on tower you have there? 

The bar clamp?  That's a Zeta hand guard bar clamp mount, along with Zeta handguards. They been solid over 60 hours-ish, many tipovers.  I've used Cycra's handgaurd with u-clamp on all my past bikes, but this bike came with the Zeta's, haven't had a reason to replace them.