California OHV program in danger

You do know that the majority of State Parks department management is anti off road?
Once the funds are no longer specified to the OHV program it can and will be spent on in other areas favored by these anti OHV employees. So yes, your OHV riding areas are in danger of losing more of their funding.
By the way, you know that gas tax / registration fee increase bill that passed? On of the provisions in it takes away OHV funding!

OHV Fund :excuseme:  the one they steal from . . . or use to put up pit toilets, fencing, and red markers . . . or use to hire OHV Parking Enforcement Officers and buy new trucks to drive around collect fees and enforce stupid CARB rules . . . or use to buy a fleet of dirt bikes and hire a bunch of OHV enforcement officers to fine and harass us outside of the staging area too?  Sorry to come off cynical, but seems any money they get will be used against us.  Only positives I see coming from all the money that's been designated for OHV is the breeders will have some dumbed down 48" wide, freshly tractor groomed with an 8" layer of silt on top to teach little Johnny to ride, and Terry will have a job and get to ride around on the little tractor he loves so much.  Only things I see getting done that benefit those that ride, are mostly thru volunteer groups, not these funds . . . but then again, I prefer to take my shit at home before the ride and don't mind pissing on a bush.

• Like 7

OHV Fund :excuseme:  the one they steal from . . . or use to put up pit toilets, fencing, and red markers . . . or use to hire OHV Parking Enforcement Officers and buy new trucks to drive around collect fees and enforce stupid CARB rules . . . or use to buy a fleet of dirt bikes and hire a bunch of OHV enforcement officers to fine and harass us outside of the staging area too?  Sorry to come off cynical, but seems any money they get will be used against us.  Only positives I see coming from all the money that's been designated for OHV is the breeders will have some dumbed down 48" wide, freshly tractor groomed with an 8" layer of silt on top to teach little Johnny to ride, and Terry will have a job and get to ride around on the little tractor he loves so much.  Only things I see getting done that benefit those that ride, are mostly thru volunteer groups, not these funds . . . but then again, I prefer to take my shit at home before the ride and don't mind pissing on a bush.

Schmo needs to lower the her HRT meds
  • Like 1

I agree with everything schmo said. However:

Without OHMVR: Nearly all ohv opportunities lost in Berryessa Snow Mountain National Monument.

With OHMVR: OHV Opportunities protected and included in the BSM national monument

http://quietwarriorracing.blogspot.com/2016/03/ohv-recreation-key-partner-in-national.html

Do you want a govt. entity whose mission is this:

The Mission of the Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation (OHMVR) Division is to provide leadership statewide in the area of off-highway vehicle (OHV) recreation; to acquire, develop, and operate state-owned vehicular recreation areas; and to otherwise provide for a statewide system of managed OHV recreational opportunities through funding to other public agencies.  The OHMVR Division works to ensure quality recreational opportunities remain available for future generations by providing for education, conservation, and enforcement efforts that balance OHV recreation impacts with programs that conserve and protect cultural and natural resources.

Or this:

To provide for the health, inspiration and education of the people of California by helping to preserve the state's extraordinary biological diversity, protecting its most valued natural and cultural resources, and creating opportunities for high-quality outdoor recreation

State Parks is the worst. They are always trying to open up interpretive centers for big bucks and constant staff labor. Nobody wants that shit. Get the F out of the way. We don't need your pavement or TP.