IMG_2287.JPG

Was riding yesterday and bumped my frame on a rock, but no dents or cracks. I saw this moose skid plate because it's cheap and don't have a lot of money since buying it. Is it me or does the bolt in the bottom look like it would get snagged and destroyed from rocks/logs/etc making it impossible to get off if I had to?

IMG_2287.thumb.JPG.e03f8712c4952dc76af54351657062a3.JPG
Was riding yesterday and bumped my frame on a rock, but no dents or cracks. I saw this moose skid plate because it's cheap and don't have a lot of money since buying it. Is it me or does the bolt in the bottom look like it would get snagged and destroyed from rocks/logs/etc making it impossible to get off if I had to?

Yes, the screws tend to get packed with dirt and scarred up, but not impossible to get off. Worst case scenario you drill the head of the screw off.
  • Like 1

KTM Hardparts skid plates have quick release fasteners, no bolts required.  I have a plastic one which is rugged and tough, like this.

https://www.ebay.com/p/?iid=121687077003&lpid=82&&&ul_noapp=true&chn=ps

FULL DISCLOSURE: this skid plate fell off once.  One time in over 100 hours of riding.  I probably didn't secure it properly, but I still recommend this thing.  It's so much easier to remove and install than the aluminum bolt-on skid plates, and it's just as tough despite being plastic.