Chest protector, Roost Deflectors.

Hi, I have still been wearing my Thor chest protector from the 90s mostly due to its great shoulder protection and overall good side wrapping around ribs and gut. I have had many hard crashes and this protector does more than stop stones.

I have upgraded my boots, which lead to new pants, gloves, jersy. Now my 21 yr old laughs at my vintage Thor chest protector. So I'm thinking of getting a new one.

Anyone have a style, brand,etc. That serves more than just stopping rocks. I like to crash hard, and at 48 I'd like some protection.

Anyone ?

Foam factory is my my house, years ago I got some thin scrap foam and gorilla glued it in my vintage protection, I can chest bump a tree in this old relic.

There have been a number of threads on this subject lately.  Basically, how much do you want to be protected in relation to how hot do you want to be when you are all wrapped up?

• Like 1

I just pulled the plug and ordered an Alpinestars A-10 chest protector. I was close to buying the Leatt 5.5 body protector, but held one in a local store and it seems a bit too heavy and likely hot. (ALthough I have no first hand knowledge, it seems there are many satisfied Leatt customers). IT does seem to get slagged for the material tearing prematurely.  

This guy's review of the A-10 tipped the balance for me.. 

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/alpinestars-a10-full-protector-photos-initial-review.1196425/