O-Ring chain issues

I picked up a new chain and sproket set for my 04 CR250.  The chain I purchased was a primary drive o-ring chain here:

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/3969/51962/Primary-Drive-520-ORM-O-Ring-Chain

Now I'm aware this isn't the best chain on the market, but I thought I'd try it out.  Here's my issue, the o-ring chain is wider than a typical non-o-ring chain.  Well that extra width, for whatever reason is just wide enough that it start causing serious wear marks on my case up by the front sprocket.  In other words, the chain is slightly too wide, like the bike wasn't designed to accommodate a nicer/newer o-ring type chain.  

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a mod I can do to fix the issue? Should I simply add a washer or spacer on the front sprocket to move it away from the case body a bit? 

Had the same issue with an RK o-ring chain on my 03 CR250R. Ordered the chain and steel sprockets from Superspox. SS and RK told me that it would fit, but wouldn't help me out when I told them it didn't. I ordered a narrow RK o-ring and it fits fine, sold the standard o-ring chain. At the time I ordered it there were notes referring to fitment issues with some of the CRF's requiring a narrow chain. Very satisfied with the chain and sprockets.

Edited by knucklespisano

I already purchased the O Ring chain and I'm not really able to take it back. I'd rather find a solution with a small spacer if it's acceptable.  

Hopefully these images help? A simple spacer should work right? Perhaps I find a washer at the hardware store? 

20170508_192209.jpg

20170508_192243.jpg

20170508_192302.jpg

20170508_192327.jpg

20170508_192340.jpg