Sign in to follow this  

3D Print File Thread

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to start a 3D printing Mega Thread.  I have a small household 3D printer and love finding new ways to use it.   I was searching on Thingiverse ( http://www.thingiverse.com/search/page:1?q=dirt+bike&sa=) and found a few dirt bike pieces and parts, but it would be great if people could share what else they have!

I've printed some spare levers and stuff from Thingiverse, but there's much more we could design and share.   Brake and frame guards, brake line guides, hand guard shield replacements, gopro mounts, the list goes on. Even just prints for around the garage that you'd like to share.

If anyone has some STL files to share please post them below!  It could be a really cool resource to have for fellow TT visitors.   

Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CR250Tweeter said:

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to start a 3D printing Mega Thread.  I have a small household 3D printer and love finding new ways to use it.   I was searching on Thingiverse ( http://www.thingiverse.com/search/page:1?q=dirt+bike&sa=) and found a few dirt bike pieces and parts, but it would be great if people could share what else they have!

I've printed some spare levers and stuff from Thingiverse, but there's much more we could design and share.   Brake and frame guards, brake line guides, hand guard shield replacements, gopro mounts, the list goes on. Even just prints for around the garage that you'd like to share.

If anyone has some STL files to share please post them below!  It could be a really cool resource to have for fellow TT visitors.   

Thanks.

What materials can you print in?

1 minute ago, SenorThumpy said:

What materials can you print in?

PLA, ABS, Nylon, PET, the list goes on.....I have a Prusa i3 mk2 printer if you'd like to give it a google...pretty cool little unit.

I've designed a few things for friends but it's always very specific lol. Like made a bushing so my friends z1000 could work with eBay shorty levers from a different bike. Made it from PETG.

Most printers will do PLA, ABS, PET, PETG, Nylon, and a few more misc ones. It's largely s matter of how well they print. PLA prints easiest but is weakest. ABS prints ok but you need a special setup for it to be strong. PETG is strong but stringy and doesn't like overhangs so it can be difficult for certain shapes. Haven't played with nylon yet.

Edited by Oic0