Anybody tried the cheap ($50) cylinder & piston kits on eBay?

Wow!  I was looking for a cylinder for a TTR125.  eBay has many people selling complete top end kits (including cylinder, piston, rings, wrist pin, gaskets, and even a spark plug) ranging from $45 to $75 including shipping.  Obviously Chinese.

Has anyone tried one of these?

for example:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-2005-Cylinder-Top-End-Piston-Kit-For-Yamaha-TTR125-TTR-125-Ring-Set-Rebuild-/262751896953?hash=item3d2d3bc579:g:GKkAAOSwVm5Y~wdi&vxp=mtr

Edited by Still Bill

Well, I guess nobody has tried one.

So instead, I will ask if anyone thinks there is a chance in hell that one would last for a reasonable time.

no one I know put one on a yamaha.  I have an xr100 that is not being used and I was thinking of a big bore kit like one of my friends put on a stock xr100 instead of buying a new piston and getting his rig bored.  It works fine after three seasons of his kids riding it and loaning it and abusing it.

• Like 1

I think it will be OK.  Heck I suspect the BBR 150 kit is chinese and they seem pretty good.  There's no way they can meet that price any other way.  I also race a chinese pit bike and the parts are crazy cheap and surprisingly reliable. 

I bought one of the generic kits a few months ago and when I opened the box it was genuine Yamaha. The cylinder was stamped, piston, rings, and gaskets were all in genuine Yamaha packaging.  I was very surprised.