2017 250xc fmf turbine core 2 too loud

I have now been thru 2 sound checks and my bike is too loud. I need to have a spark arrester so I went with an FMF turbine core 2.  Both sound test were 99db. The cut off is 98db. Both guys at the races were nice and let me pass but I need to get this under 98db. I've had the turbine core 2 on other bikes and they were 92 -95 db. This is new silencer with very little time. Should I repack myself? Anyway to make it a little quieter?  There are very few options for the 17s right now.

I have now been thru 2 sound checks and my bike is too loud. I need to have a spark arrester so I went with an FMF turbine core 2.  Both sound test were 99db. The cut off is 98db. Both guys at the races were nice and let me pass but I need to get this under 98db. I've had the turbine core 2 on other bikes and they were 92 -95 db. This is new silencer with very little time. Should I repack myself? Anyway to make it a little quieter?  There are very few options for the 17s right now.

Turbinecore 2.1 is reported to be quieter.

If your that close I think I would repackaged it myself and try it. It's cheap and easy and might save you some money.

Repack it, but leave it loose.  I had a KTM TC 2 that I bought used and couldn't figure out why it was so much quieter than my FMF one.  I took it apart and the guy I bought it from had repacked it with only 1 wrap, very loose.  Just need to repack more frequently, but it has worked for me with my other sparky's.  He also used fiberglass batt insulation instead of packing.  Cheap and easy to get. 

Edited by poldies4

I have the 2.1 and I think it's around stock decimals. It's a deeper throatier sound than my old powercore. Mines a powercore 2.1 not turbinecore but I'd think they'd be similar.