Decceleration braking

Anyone know if this can be reduced with mapping? Or what it is effected by? I just picked up a new TM 300f and coming off of 2-strokes for the past year, I'd prefer less of it. I don't understand what causes some bikes to have more of it than others. I can hop on a KX250F and it doesn't really bother me.

Edited by Camstyn

Not that I've really seen other than slipping the clutch or installing a compression release valve (which you don't want on that 300). The bigger the motor or  higher the compression the more you are going to notice the engine braking. So just need to adjust your riding style some as you learn the new machine. You could also look at changing the fly wheel weight but that too will affect the motor rev n stall. Best of luck...

Hold it on longer use it to your advantage.  After 20 years of racing twostrokes that was my biggest thing to get use to. No free wheeling into corners and you'll be fine:thumbsup:

6 hours ago, Krannie McKranface said:

Shift up, use more clutch modulation

Thanks for the replies guys. I know I will adapt to it, just had to ask in case there was an easy way to avoid having to.

16 hours ago, Camstyn said:

Anyone know if this can be reduced with mapping? Or what it is effected by? I just picked up a new TM 300f and coming off of 2-strokes for the past year, I'd prefer less of it. I don't understand what causes some bikes to have more of it than others. I can hop on a KX250F and it doesn't really bother me.

If TM uses FI, you can remap for a higher idle at closed throttle, which will reduce braking effect.

100 rpms is all it takes.

3 hours ago, Krannie McKranface said:

If TM uses FI, you can remap for a higher idle at closed throttle, which will reduce braking effect.

100 rpms is all it takes.

Yes it's EFI, there's actually an idle adjuster knob, I'll play with it and see if that works. Thanks!

Edited by Camstyn