Mechanic recommendations to do fork work

Any recommendations on where to go to get my Front forks rebuilt in Northern Colorado

If you'd like to learn, and the drive is worth it to you bring them by and I will show you. Broomfield near Jeffco Airport. 

• Like 2

Going off of what Red H said... you'll find many riders just do their own forks... unless you need them set up for racing or some specific situation.  But even then...

XR650L?  What year?  What area do you live/work/ride in?  Will make it easier to give recommendations for shops or mechs.  I might head to Broomfield if I were you :thumbsup: 

MC forks are not overly complex and the amount of service they need can vary greatly.  i.e. I typically change the fluid once a year and just re-use quality seals.  I rarely ever buy new seals anymore.  Just new fluid.  But.. I am a bit of hack.  So beware of free information :lol:

I have a 2006 XR650L, I would like to build these forks based on the kinfd of riding I do, mostly trail riding. Doesn't rider weight have to come into play as well?

I try to do all my repairs, but lack the knowledge when it comes to building my forks. Is it just a matter of changing out to the right springs, then adding the proper amount of fork oil? 

I am always up to learning from someone

Thanks

Learning to do it yourself is a great idea. You might want to jump on that.

If you choose not to then check out Bryan at Full Factory Off-road, very reasonable and wont oversell you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, obgod3 said:

Learning to do it yourself is a great idea. You might want to jump on that.

If you choose not to then check out Bryan at Full Factory Off-road, very reasonable and wont oversell you. 

I'll second Bryan, he is very reasonable and quick.

depending on your weight with gear, other things like oversize tank, etc and riding level, you MAY want to look at springs- have you plugged in any info to race tech's calculator? Unless you are over 200# with gear, and or have a BIG tank on the bike, the stock .44 springs are suitable for trail- use the calculator, and see what you get. 

http://racetech.com/ProductSearch/1/Honda/XR650L/2006