Burlington/Raleigh

I live in Mebane, and just got a YZ250X, and I am looking for places to ride and people to ride with.  Pretty new to riding smaller dirt bikes, I have had a big KTM for a while, but haven't done the extent of off roading on it that I have been doing on my new bike.  Let me know if you know of places or want to ride. 

We ride Brushy Mountain/Brown Mountain and occasional private trails on Saturdays, but this Sunday are riding Brown due to the forecast. Mostly single track, and some gnarly goat trails. PM me if you want to ride.

• 2 weeks later...

If you live in Mebane, you should check out Jiptopia Wake Park.  It's north on hwy 119 (semora, nc).  For you, it's about 30 minutes north, I guess.   I live in Hillsbrough and it takes me about 45 minutes.

http://jibtopiawakepark.com/

Open from 10am - 8pm.  $20 per rider. 

They have about 8-10 miles of trails of trails.  They are open to ATV's too, but when I go I never see any ATV's.  The trails are not technical so they are great for a beginners.  On the other hand, the trails are fun for anyone and can be ridden fast.  There are a few mud holes, but they are not "busco beach deep" and can easily go around them.  A couple stream crossing, bridge (look it over first time you decide to cross).

The trails are one way and if they are taped off, you can do laps.  One lap at a good pace generally kicks my butt. 

I am going there this Saturday (May 27th) from 10-2:30ish.  I will be there with my kids, so I will not be hitting the trails as much, since I will be teaching them how to ride.  Feel free to come out and I will point out where to go.  You will not get lost, but if you don't know the trails you will overlook some good trails.

Some riders are talking about going out this Sunday, but I am not sure if that is confirmed 100%.

They have a bar/grill, showers, cabins, and you can camp too.

post-429481-0-40397900-1481133179_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

New track going in between Burlington and Yanceyville. Ball Creek MX. Grand Opening at the beginning of next month, but check their FB page for soft open dates. They have been opening occasionally to get feedback on the tracks. There is one advanced track, an intermediate, a turn track and some trails to be cut in the near future. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

What is there towards Burlington?  I was looking at going to NCMP at some point but that's a pretty good drive.  Any other places like that closer to Greensboro?

I live north of Greensboro, looking to start doing some riding in the next few weeks.  Nothing serious, just messing around.  It's been years since I rode anywhere besides around the house.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't Saturday, but I really want to check out brown mountain.  It's about three hours for me so I hope it's worth it.  How does it compare to Uwharrie?  That's about an hour from me so I can do that one whenever.  I've heard it gets crowded, but when I went it was pretty much just me. 

I think I'm going to jibtopia Saturday.  My girlfriend has a ttr125 and isn't ready for mountains yet, and she wants to ride so that's about as crazy as I can get with her for now.  

Edited by adhorne1775

I did.  They were really good.  It was my second time there and it felt like the place doubled.  My girlfriend and I were the only people there riding too, so the only thing holding back my bike was my lack of ability.  It was a good time.  

Edited by adhorne1775