04 kx250 fresh rebuild problems?

Hey guys first post here, just got my 04 kx250 rebuilt and noticed this weird sound when I was turning the sprocket in neutral. I asked the guy if it was normal and he replied yes, what do you guys think about it ? Edit : I just noticed that when I go from 1st to 2nd it's kinda hard to pull up and when you go into 3rd and try to rock the sprocket back and forth it seems to be grinding on something or bound up. In general, it just seems to be bound up on something in nuetral as well but 3rd you can really heard the sound of it. Ignore most of the talk in the video, this video was made for the guy who rebuilt it.

Edited by 04kx250rip

After just rebuilding my KX250 I can tell you that I checked my transmission fully. The drum and gear dogs were all immaculate, I was kind of surprised at just how good they actually were too. That said, once everything was put back together there was a typical "metal on metal" type sound when turning the shaft/sprocket but nothing which it being filled with the correct oil wouldn't solve. I can say that although there was the "metal on metal" sound, which was similar to the sound of a large un-greased ball bearing being turned, there was definitely no grinding type sounds. If yours is crunching then perhaps something is misaligned somewhere, or the dogs are now matched up to different slots than before so need a break-in time - the latter being normal I'd say.

8 hours ago, ItsJuniorJ said:

After just rebuilding my KX250 I can tell you that I checked my transmission fully. The drum and gear dogs were all immaculate, I was kind of surprised at just how good they actually were too. That said, once everything was put back together there was a typical "metal on metal" type sound when turning the shaft/sprocket but nothing which it being filled with the correct oil wouldn't solve. I can say that although there was the "metal on metal" sound, which was similar to the sound of a large un-greased ball bearing being turned, there was definitely no grinding type sounds. If yours is crunching the perhaps something is misaligned somewhere, on the dogs are now matched up to different slots than before so need a break-in time - the latter being normal I'd say.

Okay thanks. He did tell me that it is completely normal for it to do that and when he put it in all the gears were immaculate like you said and it's almost impossible for him to put them in wrong. The motor also does not have any oil in it and hasn't even been broken in yet so I guess if it's just that, then I will run it and get oil flowing in it.

Probably fine.  When you shift into a gear and the dogs don't drop all the way in there will be drag until you turn it far enough for them to pop in fully.