Boltless wheel chock's - Newbie here

Hi Guys,

Picking up a CRF50 for my girl over the weekend from a town 2 hours away. Will be hauling it in the bed of our '14 F150, 5.5' bed. I don't want to bolt on a wheel chock just yet, so looking for wheel chocks that can be tied down & held in place. Looking up on Amazon, I see things from $50 to $180ish. Any recommendations?

Also looking at tie downs & ratchet straps. Will 4 of each suffice? 
Found "Badass Moto Gear" for both tie downs & ratchet straps, strictly based on review. Any recommendations?

Forum search yielded the usual, some use chocks, some don't. I'll have peace of mind if I use a chock. Since I have little time any recommendations off Amazon would help.

Thx!

I'd skip the chocks.  I've driven 1000 miles to Florida twice with bikes, once they were 2 dirtbikes in the bed of my truck, the other time I had 3 sport bikes on a trailer.  Both times I just used ratchet straps on the handlebars and never had any problems.  Also drove 8 hours home with one of my dirtbikes after I bought it, again just using straps on the handlbars, on top of the countless local trips that are 30 minutes or less.

No need to over-complicate, 2 straps hooked to the bars are all you need, especially for a little 50.

• Like 1

Thx bassjam, the vote of confidence with your experience helps. I'll skip the wheel chocks for now.

I have always just just cambuckle straps to tie down my bikes in the back of a truck or trailer and never had a problem but I use a fork saver so o don't have to compress my forks.

I used a fork saver....never again.....doesn't allow you to tighten th.e bike down enough....go over some good bumps....fork saver pops off and tie downs are too loose.....two tie downs will do just fine.....add a third th.ru the rear of the bike to just rear tire from bouncing around on any big unexpected bumps if you want to feel extra safe...

We picked up her motorcycle earlier today. Used 2 tie downs for the front & it held up fine, the whole 2-2.5 hr drive. Thx for the collective wisdom. rmxtgh, I'll keep in mind the third tie down for the rear, seems like a good idea, thx!  

Edited by VoodooStar