Chain and sprockets time!

1 minute ago, 2strokebrapp said:

$90 for an 0-ring chain and both sprockets?

Yup. Price may have went up a couple $$ by now, was summer before last when I got my current set (still good). They have different levels of Primary Drive sets, from standard to X-ring chains and steel or aluminum rear sprockets (same front on all sets). The only draw back with them might be, the sets are only offered in the stock gearing size.

I have a JT x ring chain and primary drive steel sprockets on my yz250.

It's holding up the same as the more expensive DID x ring chain on my wr250r with also has primary drive sprockets.

The primary drive stuff isn't as cheap in Canada so I've never tried their chain. I've run their sprockets a bunch of times tho, bang for your buck you cant beat cheap steel sprockets, they last way longer than aluminum ones and help the chain last longer as they both wear out at the same time.

The best cheap O ring chain I've found and used is the SRT one, it didn't last quite as long as DID chains I've used but was only 1/2 as much to buy. The down side to it is its bigger than normal top to bottom by 1/8 of an inch and heavy, its the same width as other O or X ring chains so it still fits fine tho.

13 hours ago, poldies4 said:

Oh man, like an oil thread now.

Nada, none, a little wd-40 after a wash.  Oring chains are sealed, what are you lubing?

If I do lube an oring chain, I use heavy duty silicone spray.

It will help keep the orings soft, and pivoting evenly, and keeps the chain slides/guides slick too; and it won't hold dirt.

WD-40 will suffice too.

• Like 1