THIS IS OUR 2017 BETA 500RR-S & 125RR-S THREAD

29 minutes ago, surfer-dude said:

Do you think the computer for the fuel injection would compensate for the lean condition???

I trust what youre saying so I'm gonna put a regular breather hose back on, and see if I still overheat. I'm just wondering if the computer will compensate is all.

The breather cap looks cool, and thats about the only reason it's there.

Short answer is, no.  If it can't pull gas out of the tank, there is nothing to adjust with. ? 

2 hours ago, RhinofromWA said:

Short answer is, no.  If it can't pull gas out of the tank, there is nothing to adjust with. ? 

Thanks mann, I trust your opinion, as you probably know more about it than me. 

After not riding for over 10 years I consider myself a total beginner again.

Heres a pic and the video from last weekend just to keep the new page interesting.

5952f2d5e3818_pirucreekscreenshot.png.4f0b971a330880ed2d50b16e246ad420.png.0d4f1e27d54abcd8fc331243e9622d3d.png

and the quicky in case you've only got 1 minute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FBf5pvQsYI

I still havent crashed or laid her down, 

Edited by surfer-dude
  • Like 2

Heres a pic and the video from last weekend just to keep the new page interesting.
5952f2d5e3818_pirucreekscreenshot.png.4f0b971a330880ed2d50b16e246ad420.png.0d4f1e27d54abcd8fc331243e9622d3d.png
[/url]  

How is the 500rrs on power I'm used to Yz 450s could you explain how they compare I'm really thinking on buying the 500.

4 hours ago, ParrottHead said:

I can only compare my 2017 beta Fuel injected 500 rr-s to my trusty old 2003 crf450r with a carb as I have never ridden a yz450 but i did ride my friends yz426 & a couple different yz400's. 

GOPR0130.jpg.316e03eb8048d0fb583d24a7ac40c450.jpg

I much prefer the beta to the honda and those others as an all around bike.

16649041_1334510236569637_620094297915321645_n.jpg.56c85353f98b60806382c2377a81797c.jpg

I still really enjoyed my time spent with blacky and I miss it.1623291_689682244385776_442758732_n.jpg.c3b671d8561fe9f6b134b81dadbd7f2e.jpgwe had good times.

16602905_1334510136569647_2562562610958386214_n.jpg.d5a3214ebc7e12befb47c99ae7e4e794.jpg This bike will go down as one of the best  bikes ever.

I didnt like the 426 at all compared to my crf, and I loved the 400 for strictly desert riding, that thing was big and bad like a desert stallion or something, and we put down some miles. Not so much for jumping and the slow billy goat stuff, but I feel that it ruled the 4th & 5th gear desert stuff. before that I had a couple of 90's cr250's and those were lots of fun too.

The 2017 beta 500 has more power and backbone than the 450 which was more powerful than those others and you can really feel it come alive in the midrange, but at the same time it is softer and easier to work with down on the bottom.

16806876_1340172516003409_3001751017220408377_n.jpg.4fc306aa24a3993e358dec60c56c63c1.jpg The Italian engine is much more usable for most situations.

On the top end, I think I like the honda better as I think the beta shuts off a bit sooner, but it could also be that I'm simply moving faster on the beta. The Beta is definitely more usable. But, at the same time, I'd done everything possible to my old honda to try and get every bit of power out of it, while the Beta is still stock and I've done nothing to her. 

I liked my honda, and it was a good one that was completely modified compared to other guys 450's that I had ridden over the years. I woul've kept the honda but a new bottom end was needed, and for the same price I figured I could just get the brand new second hand kawasaki 450 that I've always wanted at some point, for use as a thrasher. I doubt that most people use their bikes as hard as I used my old honda crf. Ive revved it to the moon riding with fast guys at the track, dropped it off of cliffs and watched it cartwheel down whilst riding with wickedly good hillclimbers, crashed and dropped it left and right jumping it around all over, and I even tried drowning it on a couple of occasions, once I almost lost it in a river. Luckily I had some friends help me, by making a human chain to pull it out.

I think I'm short shifting the beta a little sooner, but at the same time it could also be that I'm just going faster so I shift sooner, I'm not sure. I'd have to ride them both back to back to know for sure. But the hondas gone, and I'll probably keep this beta forever, and just add to my stable, unless technology seriously changes this style of bike. The engine braking is better on the Beta. The Beta has a lot better and more controllable power and it is more predictible as to what the bike is gonna do for you. Valentina hasn't really surprised me but at the same time she has also scared me when her pulling power just left me shocked and awwed. She has also saved me from a few pretty good wipeouts, where I feel that blacky wouldve kicked me to the curb just to laugh at my pain. The Beta engine is easy to control, but is also very powerful if you grab a handful. Good throttle and clutch technique is rewarded with smooth and tractable power  The Beta puts the power down to the ground, where as the honda would spin and roost like crazy. The beta feels faster in most instances. Me and the beta have made hills that I wouldn't have made on the honda. There's a big difference between the 2 bikes.

I kinda think that the beta engine feels like a 450 with an athena kit, more grunt with a little less zip but still better than the honda for most situations.

In the end the 2 bikes are built for different purposes, The honda crf450r is and was unbeatable for freestyle, mx tracks, and for general thrashing. On the honda, I would find a little hip and do all kinds of funn stuff untill I crashed. The beta is a purpose-built off road enduro bike with a street plate and is the better bike for conquering mountains, racing desert and enduro's, as well as exploring, If I was to race more desert scrambles and off road events where I dont plan on crashing, I would use the beta. I would use the beta most of the time over the honda. If I was gonna go to occotillo wells, beuamont, or the sand dunes and thrash around I'd take the honda and thrash it around with no worries of dropping it, or if I was to want to race motocross I'd probably get another honda or kawasaki or maybe even a yamaha or suzuki. 

I believe that I can go faster on the beta through chicanes, washes, and most technical off road stuff because of the way she puts the power down, and also because of the way her chassis was designed. I also believe strongly that the hillclimb ability of the Beta is superior to the honda.  I have gone back and revisted some of the trails that I did on the old honda, and on some of these trails I remember struggling and even crashing, whereas with Valentina it has been just another Sunday ride. and I still haven't crashed or even laid her down yet.

In the rocky stuff like I did in that last video, I Know I would've struggled more on the honda and had more overheating occurrences. Plus without any gauges, I would have had to wait longer for it to cool down after losing coolant. On the beta I could push it to a around 250ish and then take a 20 minute break to let her simmer down with out losing any coolant. I lost coolant around 270, but only once. I remember overheating the honda plenty of times, and it wasnt fun.

If your wanting ride technical terrain with control, or dual sport get the 500, or if your gunna be gunnin it and hoping for the best keep the 450. I think I would feel more comfortable hitting 100'+ jumps on a 450 motocrosser than my beta 500 dual sport. But no worries, because I don't jump like that any more because I got seriously hurt from it, plus I also got old and I don't want to go through anything like that ever again.

Valentina is the better all around bike, but blacky still has it's place.

16649041_1334510236569637_620094297915321645_n.jpg.56c85353f98b60806382c2377a81797c.jpg

I'd say keep the 450. for thrashing & getting rad on, and get a new beta 500 too. then youre set unless you want to get into actual hard enduro 2 stroke stuff. 

Absolute technical gnarly rocky enduro riding is 2 stroke territory because of lighter weight and less worry about overheating which is a real thing, High speed mx stuff, and normal freestyle/extreme freeriding is 4 stroke 450 mx territory. The beta 500 fills the gap between those 2 extremes. The beta will do both ends of the spectrum but probably not as good. I think the beta 500 would probably do better at the high speed off road stuff than the 2 stroke, and I know that the beta 500 will do better at the technical off road stuff with less worries of overheating than the 450 mxrs. The beta 500 will also do soo much more than what those other 2 style bikes will, and it will look good doing it. The new extreme freestyle stuff thats been happening over the last 10 years with body and bike varials, I know nothing about. 

If youre looking at any of the 3 euro 500's I like the beta the best, the husky the second best, and then the kato last. When I was testing out the different 500's which was basically just sitting on em and feeling em out, the husky reminded me of an old yz400, not that that's a bad thing because I liked it for that reason, and I almost bought it, it's a badass bike. But i'm no rockefeller and I could only have one, and the beta just felt more capable, so I went with valentina. I've never liked ktm's for some reason, ever since the chain was on the wrong side I guess.

hopefully this helps

Beta 500, two thumbs up ??

Edited by surfer-dude
  • Like 2

I can only compare my 2017 beta Fuel injected 500 rr-s to my trusty old 2003 crf450r with a carb as I have never ridden a yz450 but i did ride my friends yz426 & a couple different yz400's. 
 I much prefer the beta to the honda and those others as an all around bike.
I still really enjoyed my time spent with blacky and I miss it.1623291_689682244385776_442758732_n.jpg.c3b671d8561fe9f6b134b81dadbd7f2e.jpgwe had good times.
16602905_1334510136569647_2562562610958386214_n.jpg.d5a3214ebc7e12befb47c99ae7e4e794.jpg This bike will go down as one of the best  bikes ever.
I didnt like the 426 at all compared to my crf, and I loved the 400 for strictly desert riding, that thing was big and bad like a desert stallion or something, and we put down some miles. Not so much for jumping and the slow billy goat stuff, but I feel that it ruled the 4th & 5th gear desert stuff. before that I had a couple of 90's cr250's and those were lots of fun too.
The 2017 beta 500 has more power and backbone than the 450 which was more powerful than those others and you can really feel it come alive in the midrange, but at the same time it is softer and easier to work with down on the bottom.
16806876_1340172516003409_3001751017220408377_n.jpg.4fc306aa24a3993e358dec60c56c63c1.jpg The Italian engine is much more usable for most situations.
On the top end, I think I like the honda better as I think the beta shuts off a bit sooner, but it could also be that I'm simply moving faster on the beta. The Beta is definitely more usable. But, at the same time, I'd done everything possible to my old honda to try and get every bit of power out of it, while the Beta is still stock and I've done nothing to her. 
I liked my honda, and it was a good one that was completely modified compared to other guys 450's that I had ridden over the years. I woul've kept the honda but a new bottom end was needed, and for the same price I figured I could just get the brand new second hand kawasaki 450 that I've always wanted at some point, for use as a thrasher. I doubt that most people use their bikes as hard as I used my old honda crf. Ive revved it to the moon riding with fast guys at the track, dropped it off of cliffs and watched it cartwheel down whilst riding with wickedly good hillclimbers, crashed and dropped it left and right jumping it around all over, and I even tried drowning it on a couple of occasions, once I almost lost it in a river. Luckily I had some friends help me, by making a human chain to pull it out.
I think I'm short shifting the beta a little sooner, but at the same time it could also be that I'm just going faster so I shift sooner, I'm not sure. I'd have to ride them both back to back to know for sure. But the hondas gone, and I'll probably keep this beta forever, and just add to my stable, unless technology seriously changes this style of bike. The engine braking is better on the Beta. The Beta has a lot better and more controllable power and it is more predictible as to what the bike is gonna do for you. Valentina hasn't really surprised me but at the same time she has also scared me when her pulling power just left me shocked and awwed. She has also saved me from a few pretty good wipeouts, where I feel that blacky wouldve kicked me to the curb just to laugh at my pain. The Beta engine is easy to control, but is also very powerful if you grab a handful. Good throttle and clutch technique is rewarded with smooth and tractable power  The Beta puts the power down to the ground, where as the honda would spin and roost like crazy. The beta feels faster in most instances. Me and the beta have made hills that I wouldn't have made on the honda. There's a big difference between the 2 bikes.
I kinda think that the beta engine feels like a 450 with an athena kit, more grunt with a little less zip but still better than the honda for most situations.
In the end the 2 bikes are built for different purposes, The honda crf450r is and was unbeatable for freestyle, mx tracks, and for general thrashing. On the honda, I would find a little hip and do all kinds of funn stuff untill I crashed. The beta is a purpose-built off road enduro bike with a street plate and is the better bike for conquering mountains, racing desert and enduro's, as well as exploring, If I was to race more desert scrambles and off road events where I dont plan on crashing, I would use the beta. I would use the beta most of the time over the honda. If I was gonna go to occotillo wells, beuamont, or the sand dunes and thrash around I'd take the honda and thrash it around with no worries of dropping it, or if I was to want to race motocross I'd probably get another honda or kawasaki or maybe even a yamaha or suzuki. 
I believe that I can go faster on the beta through chicanes, washes, and most technical off road stuff because of the way she puts the power down, and also because of the way her chassis was designed. I also believe strongly that the hillclimb ability of the Beta is superior to the honda.  I have gone back and revisted some of the trails that I did on the old honda, and on some of these trails I remember struggling and even crashing, whereas with Valentina it has been just another Sunday ride. and I still haven't crashed or even laid her down yet.
In the rocky stuff like I did in that last video, I Know I would've struggled more on the honda and had more overheating occurrences. Plus without any gauges, I would have had to wait longer for it to cool down after losing coolant. On the beta I could push it to a around 250ish and then take a 20 minute break to let her simmer down with out losing any coolant. I lost coolant around 270, but only once.
If your wanting ride technical terrain with control, or dual sport get the 500, or if your gunna be gunnin it and hoping for the best keep the 450. I think I would feel more comfortable hitting 100'+ jumps on a motocrosser than a dual sport. I don't jump like that any more because I hurt from it, plus I also got old and I don't want to go through anything like that ever again.
I'd say keep the 450. for thrashing & getting rad on, and get a new beta 500 too. then youre set unless you want to get into actual hard enduro 2 stroke stuff. 
Absolute technical gnarly rocky enduro riding is 2 stroke territory because of lighter weight and less worry about overheating which is a real thing, High speed mx stuff, and normal freestyle/extreme freeriding is 4 stroke 450 mx territory. The beta 500 fills the gap between those 2 extremes. The beta will do both ends of the spectrum but probably not as good. I think the beta 500 would probably do better at the high speed off road stuff than the 2 stroke, and I know that the beta 500 will do better at the technical off road stuff with less worries of overheating than the 450 mxrs. The beta 500 will also do soo much more than what those other 2 style bikes will, and it will look good doing it. The new extreme freestyle stuff thats been happening over the last 10 years with body and bike varials, I know nothing about. 
If youre looking at any of the 3 euro 500's I like the beta the best, the husky the second best, and then the kato last. When I was testing out the different 500's which was basically just sitting on em and feeling em out, the husky reminded me of an old yz400, not that that's a bad thing because I liked it for that reason, and I almost bought it, it's a badass bike. But i'm no rockefeller and the beta just felt more capable so I went with valentina. I've never liked ktm's for some reason, ever since the chain was on the wrong side I guess.
hopefully this helps
Beta 500, two thumbs up ?:thumbsup:

Thanks your post is exactly how I'm thinking I just want too ride on fire roads light trails and ride at the house with my kids thanks for posting back.
  • Like 1

On 6/29/2017 at 6:11 PM, surfer-dude said:

I swear, you, and whoever rides that cliffside trail(s), have more balls than a Wimbledon practice court.  I got scared just watching you ride that trail.  

I would do about anything to ride those flatland, curving trails though, the easy ones where the dirt trails just twist and turn with no one else on them. Those were some flipping awesome trails. 

• Like 1

Thanks for that write-up/comparo.  I thoroughly enjoy reading your posts and am so glad I also have a 17 500 RR-S.  

I don't think I have a long list of dirtbikes over the years but between the 85 XL 250, 87 KX250, 85 CR500R and 96 CR500R, the Beta has been the absolute best one by far.  It has done everything better.  E-Start is the best along with the bike being quiet when I need it to be.  Being legal on the road is also a true bonus.  I'm going to my sisters house for dinner tonight and afterwards, I can ride around the perimeter of some local cranberry bogs tonight.  Get to finally see what the Squadron Pro MotoMinded light looks like in the dark.  

Edited by Ben500RR-S
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ParrottHead said:

Thanks your post is exactly how I'm thinking I just want too ride on fire roads light trails and ride at the house with my kids thanks for posting back.

Cool mann, glad I could help. :cheers:

1 hour ago, Ben500RR-S said:

I swear, you, and whoever rides that cliffside trail(s), have more balls than a Wimbledon practice court.  I got scared just watching you ride that trail.  

LOL, I got scared watching me ride that stuff too:eek:, my dad got mad at me:bonk:, my wife was just like "dude", and kept squeezing my hand, my kids were like whoa. none of my aunties or even my granny have called to talk to me about it, They called me about the other stuff though.  ?:thinking:

I would do about anything to ride those flatland, curving trails though, the easy ones where the dirt trails just twist and turn with no one else on them. Those were some flipping awesome trails. 

Hopefully tomorow morning I can make it back out there, cuz I want to go shoot some video of all the trails in the area like that.:ride: It's a funn place, and it's supposed to be relatively cool for summertime. Plus the surfs not too good and I need something to do. If I dont make it out, I'll probably just stay home and clean my garage. :doh:

Thanks for that write-up/comparo.  I thoroughly enjoy reading your posts and am so glad I also have a 17 500 RR-S.  

I don't think I have a long list of dirtbikes over the years but between the 85 XL 250, 87 KX250, 85 CR500R and 96 CR500R, the Beta has been the absolute best one by far.  It has done everything better.  E-Start is the best along with the bike being quiet when I need it to be.  Being legal on the road is also a true bonus.  I'm going to my sisters house for dinner tonight and afterwards, I can ride around the perimeter of some local cranberry bogs tonight.  Get to finally see what the Squadron Pro MotoMinded light looks like in the dark.  

Thanks, it's good to know that somebody cares. lol :cheers:

The beta 500 rules huh, I'm also glad I have mines too.

:ride:Cranberry bogs!:applause: at night!:applause: with a squadron light!:crazy: dude, that sounds like soo much funn,:banana: have a good time and get some footage if you can... :goofy:

Edited by surfer-dude
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So on my 500, I pulled off that green thing underneath the gascap. I took her out on a hot and humid 100 degree afternoon and ran some rocky hillish type singletrack and she didnt over heat, so I guess things are cool for now. 

on a side note, and as far as looks go:

I like the 2017 rr-s better than the 2018 

2017BETA500RR-S.jpg.799c97b5bb14d3ce7d887e731a3f7921.jpg59697e160cd6e_RR-SRHside-LR.jpg.8c5998122e6812a13e06b190ca1ceaf9.jpg

so I guess I'm not in the market for a new dual sport.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2017 at 0:57 AM, surfer-dude said:

Hey, can anyone tell me about a thermostat delete?

And I've always ran engine ice in the past, would this be a cooling upgrade from the motul coolant that came stock??

I'm looking into ways to keep my bike running cooler, so any and all ideas are welcome?

Thanks ya'll

Someone posted up about a 180% sensor for the fan to come on earlier that the 230 range that is stock, You could even run dual fans and an oil cooler like Eli Tomac. There are oversize radiators and water pump set ups as well as colored hoses!    A catch can for overflow is also a good idea for your situation, maybe a Red Bull can? There are also higher pressure caps and non water products that won't boil. There is a risk associated with not realizing how hot the non water products let you run, the West Coast team had some engine cases lose strength due to overheating and stripped threads when torqueing down the cylinders. Switched back to more conventional coolants and the problem went away.

The thermostat won't be missed other than cold startup, a few have leaked and it likely flows better without it. Thanks for the entertainment :ride:

Edited by Johnny Depp

On 7/15/2017 at 9:42 AM, Johnny Depp said:

Thanks for the entertainment :ride:

No worries, just here for a few laughs... :banana:

and also to share and learn more about my bike from some of you cool, and awsome, more knowlegdeable dudes. :prof:

On 7/15/2017 at 9:42 AM, Johnny Depp said:

Someone posted up about a 180% sensor for the fan to come on earlier that the 230 range that is stock, You could even run dual fans and an oil cooler like Eli Tomac. There are oversize radiators and water pump set ups as well as colored hoses!    A catch can for overflow is also a good idea for your situation, maybe a Red Bull can? There are also higher pressure caps and non water products that won't boil. There is a risk associated with not realizing how hot the non water products let you run, the West Coast team had some engine cases lose strength due to overheating and stripped threads when torqueing down the cylinders. Switched back to more conventional coolants and the problem went away.

The thermostat won't be missed other than cold startup, a few have leaked and it likely flows better without it.

Well I found out that the sensor is out of a BMW 318i and also that you can get them in different temp ranges, I think that something around 190-200 would be more appropriate, But I have also learned how to do a manual override switch, to turn the fan on any time that I want. I think this is gonna be the route I take. as most of the time I'm cool with how she keeps her cool. But, I also like to be in control, and as soon as we get in to some gnarl, I can just flip a switch at lower temps and keep her from heating up in the first place. (I'll do a write up and show everybody what I do, as soon as I get some mini switches). Ive also figured out my blackout switch and this will probably happen at the same time.

I was looking at the bigger flow water pump, and I also used to run the boysen pump on my old honda, so you know that Valentina is gonna get the same treatment. This will probably happen in a couple of months when I do the new oil pump gears and possibly the kickstart delete. 

I'm definitely gonna do some of those samco hoses and I'm gonna ditch the thermostat. But I wonder which color will make the bike run better red or blue??? Hmmm....:thinking:

I've also picked up some engine ice and so I'll try the fan switch and engine ice, to keep her cool. I was thinking about the evans stuff but a 380 boilover temp cant be good. I think the engine would take some serious abuse if I was to run it to that temp. Since I'm not going for any kind of hard enduro title, and since I'm the one flipping the repair bills on my bike, I can simply shut her down to let her cool off without the worry of overstressing the engine due to heat. the 270 boilover temp of the engine ice would give me a nice warning to chill for a bit. Ive also read that I does indeed make the bike run a bit cooler, and that the evans actually makes it run hotter, albeit with a higher boilover temp. I used to run engine ice in my old honda with good results, so I trust it.

An oil cooler would be pretty cool too, but I havent had the chance to think that one over, yet.

I was also looking into those catch cans, the rlr one seems like it will be the goodstuff, unless theres a better one???

Bigger radiators might happen, but only if I destroy the stockers, and am in need of new ones.

Edited by surfer-dude
  • Like 1

Yeah dude, thanks for all the help mann, its giving me a direction to look for answers to these small concerns I'm having. I appreciate it.

heres some fun surfer-dude pov pics:

596d597272d2b_ScreenShot2017-06-21at9_17_19AM.png.6536b472dd113c26e850863c6729cca4.png596d5977e265a_ScreenShot2017-07-17at5_41_46PM.png.8ea1e37818b3b51c4d2ad504434f912a.png

and this one in case anyones wondering:

17078551_10155071525479904_528183677_n.jpg.c153ac16ed852667360e7eb1d91b9421.jpg

and the link to my last video, in case anybody wants to hangout for a few, and go for a ride with me:

Yeah so today I cruised Valentina around looking for a couple of mini switches for the manual fan override and the blackout switch, which I still have'nt found. But I have an idea of what I want.

And anyways, I noticed that my fan isnt coming on at all. She got hot enough, but no fan. So, I jumped the 2 wires by the heat switch and it came on so I guess the stock switch is junk. It looks like I'm gonna be replacing it after all.

I would suggest to everybody, to let your bike run a little hot and check the fan. I got mine up to 248 just by running around in circles and doing balance exercises in first. It shoulda came on at 230degrees F.

• Like 1

The surf isn't too good today, so I went to frys, and found my mini switches for the blackout mod and also for the fan manual override mod.

But before I start messing with that stuff, I wanted to get my fan working properly. So I busted out my multimeter and checked the fan thermocouple. The fans thermocouple before you start it was wide open, so then I fired up the bike and let her heat up. At around 230 it closed and then after it cooled a bit at around 215 it opened up again. I used the trailtech temp gauge, so although It's not exact, at least I know that the thermocouple is working at normal operating temps. So now that I know that the fan is working if I use a jumper to bypass the thermocouple, and I know that the thermocouple is functioning, it's time to check those connections down at the bottom of the radiator.

I pulled the plastic sleeves off of the connectors that attach to the thermocouple and guess what, they were moving around on them and the contact was very suspect. So i pinched them together with some needlenose pliers and sanded the connectors on the thermocouple, because they looked dirty. I connected them back up, and voila, the fan started working again and at normal operating temps.

So the moral of the story goes like this, "if somethings not working right and it's not immediately evident, start at the basics".

I'm still gonna do a manual override switch to the fan in order to give me more control over my bike, and also as a failsafe.  

I'm scheduled to take my bikes suspension over to RJ at Too Tech racing on monday afternoon. So while the bikes down I'll check and adjust the valves, grease and retorque everything again and I'll also do the blackout and fan switch mods.

It's my birthday tomorow so I'm planning on surfing hiking and maybe dual sporting around Long Beach, probably gonna go for a little ride right now as a matter of fact.

Hopefully I can shoot some videos to let you all know how it goes. and in case somebody wants to google these concepts.

:cool:

-Peaceout-

Edited by surfer-dude
  • Like 1

SO we got the supension serviced and new springs installed by RJ over at too tech suspenion. I went up 2 spring sizes front and back. and the same oil height as stock.

GOPR0446.JPG.b19a29f120e3d64ac6c03c0e898a18b5.JPG

And we also got our switches for the manual fan override and blackout switch installed and wired.

GOPR0447.JPG.e897c458ffe3f61c82c94f0604d2f8f1.JPG

While I had her taken apart, I also did a oil change and a valvecheck and all is up to spec, and I also regreased and retorqued all the linkage, headset, and wheels. and I also went over all of the electrical fittings with some deoxit. She's running pretty strong right now. I'm gonna do some running around on the street this week and then next  week I'll probably do a new tractionator rear tire.

Edited by surfer-dude
  • Like 1

What is that yellow light on the front plate? I assume a turn signal? I don't see your switches. I hope you take that keychain off before you ride, that looks dangerous.

I can't believe you checked your own valves, you've got skills. That is what we need a video of. I'm chicken.

Happy Birthday! I hope the surf was good.

• Like 1

Good stuff SD. 230 water temp is no problem. If you fan isn't coming on until 248 though something is wrong. EngineICE or the like is fine, but not really necessary with the fan. The bike will actually cool better with water and coolant until it boils, which it shouldn't.

Grew up riding Ocotillo and still try to get out there a couple times a year. Next time you are out there Stage at Shell Reef (about 30 minutes more in the truck). Great place for the kids to play around, bathrooms, jumps, and then you are closer to hit gas dome, pumpkin patch, and the canyons on the north side.

That thing is begging for you to open it up ;D

• Like 1