132 posts in this topic

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 2:08 AM, surfer-dude said:

Tomorrow I'm gonna be picking up some new tires for my 2017 Beta 500 rr-s. I decided to go with a goldentyre fatty front, and an original 130 IRC m5b for the backend.

Heres the dilemma, I have only ever attempted to install my own rear tire once before, and I pinche flatted it. So should I buy some tire irons and the beadsaver thingy and have at it. or should I spend the 30 bucks (15 each) to have the bike shop install em?

Watchu think?

Your bike came with a 130 M5B stock?  I put the M5b on the rear as well, but the stock size was 140. Love the tire, just curious. 

1 person likes this

19 minutes ago, drumiv said:

Your bike came with a 130 M5B stock?  I put the M5b on the rear as well, but the stock size was 140. Love the tire, just curious. 

nah dude, it came stock with a 140 michelin comp of some sort.

In the quest for traction, I put an original rubber compound m5b on it instead of the newer evo m5b. I woulda liked to have done  a 140 but all I could find was a 130, So I just rolled with it.

I like the m5b, it does good for some stuff, and not so good for other stuff. I also liked the stock michelins too though

I've got the Evo. What's the difference?

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, drumiv said:

I've got the Evo. What's the difference?

supposedly the rubber is harder so it lasts a little bit longer. The evo is supposed to be more of a gummy compound, maybe other very small difference but not much else.

I still need to mess around with air pressure but I think it's a really good tire.

Here's a cool video, with some cool music. I suck at using the gopro camera, because I missed the best parts of the ride; The 2 hard hills, and the rock splat session. I've got a bunch of 2-4 second videos, of just before the good stuff. I kept turning it off by trying to turn it on. story of my life. Maybe one day I'll figure it out.

Enjoy...

Edited by surfer-dude
1 person likes this

I accidentally broke off the shifter tip of my wifes 2017 125rr-s. Besides the stock shifter does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it. I lost the tip, and it was just made out of cheap sheet metal. It was kind of an under engineered part in my opinion, so I'd like to upgrade it if possible. The lever itself is stought, but the tip was pretty weak. So I need an entire shift lever or hopefully just an aftermarket tip.

any ideas are greatly appreciated. 

besides the issue with my ladies shifter tip that I broke. I'm considering putting on a 50 or even 51 tooth rear sprocket, but I'm also wondering if anyone has put a 12 tooth countershaft sprocket on??? i"m thinking even 12-50 would be cool for what i"m intending.

Currently, I'm running 13-48 and it's cool and all but I think I'm gonna go get myself into some gnar, so lower gearing and tire pressure is gonna be welcomed.

15-48 is perfect for the streets and most of the DS stuff, 14-48 would probably be good for DS too.

GOPR1030.JPG.32cc0612714090297c8810c352b8c54d.JPG

i shaved the seat on my ladies 125, and i couldnt find an aftermarket shifter for her bike so i modified an ims xr50 shifter and all is well.

i also switched out the rear irc m5b (desert paddle) for a goldentyre 333, and its still all good. i went riding at the farm and had a great time, blasted a bunch of hills, and i also practiced my balance stuff, pivot turns, and slow speed wheelies, enduro cross training style. then i hit the turn tracks, and i even aired out the 500 a few times before i started out on the hills and trails. life was good, and i'm happy. i even tried giving valentina a tramp stamp on her neck.

heres the video, it's about a half hour long so kick back, throw on you favorite tunes  and enjoy. About halfway through i turn into a vampire, so let me know what you think...

oh yea, my fastway evo4 footpegs arrived yesterday, so hopefully i can sneak away and do an install, and go back again tomorrow.

Edited by surfer-dude

the new fastway evo 4 footpegs installed. lowboy mount, medium cleats except tall ones on back and on the side, 3 camber shims 2 fat 1 thin on each peg.

She feels very different, tomorow we test on some hills and trails.

GOPR1081.JPG

GOPR1082.JPG

Edited by surfer-dude

I got the chance to ride a new yz450, and I liked it in the fast whooped out stuff. But in the tech stuff and on hillclimbs Valentina ruled. The yammie is a more aggressive bike, but the Beta 500 still seems to me, the best all-around enduro bike. And it has the go anywhere license plate.

Edited by surfer-dude
1 person likes this