• Announcements

• Bryan Bosch

JUST IN!   07/18/2018

Video: 2019 Yamaha YZ250F Features & Benefits 

surfer-dude

THIS IS OUR 2017 BETA 500RR-S & 125RR-S THREAD

171 posts in this topic

yeah so I lost the little bolt thingy that holds the front of the seat down on the gastank, and I lost my gastank breather vent.

bummer huh!!!

Posted (edited)

Happy Mothers Day, mutha suckas...

heres a quick rip that I took with Bill_b & exc yankee of thumpertalk fame.

so sit back, get relaxed, and enjoy a few minutes worth of dirt bike riding along with some choice tunes.

straight outta long beach

Edited by surfer-dude
1 person likes this

heres a quick clip of Me and Valentina in action:

So much goes by with out being recorded but heres something worth seeing.

yeah so I was in a car crash back in may, I fracked my humurus in 3 spots and my femur in a spot under the kneecap. Bones are healing good but elbow has been hurting and going numb. today ortho doc tells me that this is typically what happens when its dislocated. I dont know whats going on. so I got the horse shot, fingers are crossed. Cant surf cant lift cant ride. Hopefully soon Ill be back surfing, then lifting, and then back to riding with my friends. wish me luck 

I think Imma go ride around on top of the LBC airport parking lot watch some planes land and just practice some of that slow figure 8 stuff for balance and maybe see if I can pop a wheelie or something.

Man, that is a rough-go.  All the broken-stuff/injuries sound pretty terrible/awful.  

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

yep! heres the las ride i went on, with broken arm and leg... 

Edited by surfer-dude

I scanned through quickly and maybe I missed it but what are you getting for mileage on the 500? Thanks

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

I scanned through quickly and maybe I missed it but what are you getting for mileage on the 500? Thanks

Yo Harry P, no worries.

Do you mean gas mileage? Because that would depend on what I'm up to. For instance, cruisin' around the city It's like 80-90 miles to a tank, which is cool because for a couple gallons of fuel I can cruise the beach and all over pretty much all day and night or at least until my butt gets tired of sitting down on the factory beta seat, I could just stand but thats a bit EXTREME!!! for just getting out the house and cruisin' around the streets. But Ive also done gnar rides with lots of tuff slow speed stuff and hills and stuff and so in 20 miles I burned thru 3/4 tank. Off road I stand as much as possible, and work on staying in the attack position, but on those really long 70 mile off road rides, my booty dont really like it either.

or do you mean mileage on the bike? cuz I really dont know, because I really don"t know how many miles I got on her. probly somewhere around 3000-4000. I hear that because the 500 has so much power you dont need to rev it as hard as others so it doesnt go thru topends as much as the smaller displacement bikes. But yeah, No issues no worries. just do maintenance basically like the manual says and your good to go, I tend to do the tranny oil a little more often but I'm a clutch abuser. I checked my valves once and they were in spec. I'm getting ready to open her up and do them again and I'm not really sure what I'll find when I do. but I imagine they'll still be good still. i'll make video about it for my youtube channel so subscribe and stay tuned.

I recently ordered up some new parts so when I start wrenching on her I'll do a teardown and regrease while i'm at it. Basically just doing the water pump, kicker delete and upgraded hoses. I think I'm gonna order up some brake pads too.

I'm even happy with the 13/48 gearing, on the street I like 15/48 better. but I dont ride the street on her that much these days. 

If your thinking about getting one, I say do it. These betas are terrific right out of the box, as a matter of fact I gotta keep telling myself not to get stuff for her because she doesnt need it. The essentials are Rad guards(I bent one of the radiators and had to bend it back out, no biggie, but now she's wearing some armour), and a pipe guard to keep from burning your pants, maybe a sharkfin but I'm actually waiting to see if I break or bend the rotors, because I figure why add extra weight if its not needed. Ive totally tested the stock skidplate and its good but it's also time for something new, Im thinking the TMD one with the link guard or a hyde, and I need some of those carbon fiber fork wraps for the upper forks because the thick vinyl sticker the suspension guy put on just aint cutting it. I ride rocks pretty often and besides some character scratches on the swing arm and wheels, so far so good. I keep bending the shifter and brake pedal so I'm gonna look into aftermarket. and I'm on my 3rd clutch pack and the hub and stuff are worn, so I'm gonna be ordering up a rekluse manual clutch, this should solve that issue. And I switched to goldentyres fatty front and dominator rear and all is good. I want to try some of those motoz desert ht's as well. but thats basically it. 

The 500's a bitchin bike right from the getgo. Past bikes I'd buy and right away want to start changing this and that. but not the beta 500. Just set up the suspension for your weight and set up the sag, I use less sag than the manual says, becuase it handles better. and you're ready to rip.

heres some eye candy;

IMG_0795.JPG.604daed30728ed14728e99174737ad08.jpg

Even though Im not a racer, and a beginner, thats a d37 hwt expert dez racer that I passed and kept behind me on a gnar ride from a few weeks ago. So just in case you didnt know, the beta 500 is a very capable machine, and we kill it in the hills! and so now you know...

Screen Shot 2018-05-11 at 11.27.31 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-14 at 4.33.17 PM.png

when the gnar has been shreded and its time to stop and smell the roses.

Screen Shot 2018-05-06 at 3.37.18 PM.png

IMG_0368.jpg.72617117efb6d1d91e38b2e58f395ef2.jpg

Edited by surfer-dude
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

The horseshot seems to be working, my numbness and tingling has gone away and I did a couple hundred pushps and situps this morning in sets of 20. While my family is still sleeping in.  I also loaded up all of our bikes and Im gonna take them up to Santa Rosa for a few hours.

I'm still on dirt bike sabbatical in order to let my arm and leg heal up better, but family time rides arent really hard enduro so Im cool.

I just ordered up a pair of SUP boards, for mine and my wifes birthdays in july, and I gave my friend a deposit to make me a modern take on a 70's style single fin for my birthday, and I bought a tandem kayak for us and had my baitcaster reels serviced along with some new line, so I guess that and fishing and surfing is the real focus for summer. 

The other nights balance and wheelie practice went well. and I rode around in circles for about an hour right next to the LBC airport runways so thats a cool thing to do at night when Im bored and cant sleep.

I think I'm gonna go to mcd's get some mcgriddles and wake everybody up so we can get this show on the road.

-PEACE

Edited by surfer-dude

Thanks for the reply. I was asking about miles to gallon. Years back I had a carborated 2011 450rr and the mile per gallon was to low to make a Dual Sport out of it.