2" Rox riser with stock bar, or 1" rise with generic "hi-bend" bar?

I'm 6'4", 220, and I really want to get comfortable on my new-to-me XR250 Motard.  As I mentioned in my other post, I'm in SE Asia, so my options are limited.

i have 2 choices: I can have a friend bring me the Rox 2" pivot riser, or I can locally source a ~1in/3cm riser, and this generic hi-bend bar:

IMG_2635.JPG.c12a0fa8158f7bbbb494060a7b5035a6.JPG

I've heard about swapping the footpegs, and raising the seat, and perhaps using stegpegz.  But want to just start with the bar work.

Id need to wait 1 month for my friend, or I could get the riser/bar in a few days locally.

So, which option might be my best bet?  I know there are a lot of variables, but thoughts?

For your height, I'd go with the Rox and bars. For a motard bike that you probably won't be standing up riding trail on, you really don't need the risers. They'd be more for opening up the cockpit for you on that 250, seeing as how you probably have long arms to match. With the Rox, you're not stuck with the stock bar position. You can roll them forward to open up the cockpit between you and the bars. But as the Rox roll forward, they also drop in height, so take that into account when ordering what height Rox risers to get.

Agreed. I tried some straight up risers and while helpful, moving the bars forward was much better for holding myself up. I'm not as short or lightweight as you but I still think the pivoting risers are a much better idea for taller fellas. 

I install them pretty close to perpendicular to the ground, same with my bars. 

Hey folks,  first post here. I've used the pivoting Rox and standard risers on several machines. Like both for their intended application. 

Just took ownership of a clean 1owner 02 XR4r. I'm going to install a 1 1/8" Pro Taper evo bar w/standard riser adapters. These give about 3/4" rise for the fat bar. So, what about the assorted cables(length)?   Anyone else have issues?     PaydayGabe in Vegas??.

20170629_114918.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PaydayGabe said:

Hey folks,  first post here. I've used the pivoting Rox and standard risers on several machines. Like both for their intended application. 

Just took ownership of a clean 1owner 02 XR4r. I'm going to install a 1 1/8" Pro Taper evo bar w/standard riser adapters. These give about 3/4" rise for the fat bar. So, what about the assorted cables(length)?   Anyone else have issues?     PaydayGabe in Vegas??.

20170629_114918.jpg

It's best to start your own thread Gabe. Welcome to the forum. Looks like you got a peach.

You should have no troubles with cable lengths. But verify the current routing of the manual decomp cable doesn't cause it to pull on the mechanism on the right side of the head and activate it when turning the bars lock to lock.

And see about spacing that muffler out a bit.

Edited by Trailryder42