09 crf450r clicker settings for 185lb rider

Just looking for some good clicker settings.. Got my suspension all freshened up and my first race coming up next wknd. So I'm heading out to the track this week to play with my suspension and see why works for me. I'm not really good when it comes to suspension. Bikes an 09crf450r and I'm about 185lb rider gonna be running 105-108 sag gonna set sag tonight! Just starting to figure out the whole suspension thing been riding with settings from previous owner.. I've been Getting serious arm pump and having a hell of a time making the bike stick in corners and ruts.

Your sag seems a little high. If it's having trouble sticking in corners and staying in ruts,sounds as if rebound is to fast and Como is to hard.

What size springs you have in? For your weight you should have 47kg and a 5.0kg rear.
Get your Free sag to around 30mm or 35mm with a Race sag of 100mm or 102mm.

To test......what you are going to have to do is.......open them clickers up. Set the Rebound clickers on Forks to say about 9 out from fully in. Now Turn the Compression clickers all the way open.
Go out and ride.......this should make the Front stay in those ruts. Do same for the rear and also put the High speed comp at 1 turn out.

46 minutes ago, CaptainKnobby said:

Your sag seems a little high. If it's having trouble sticking in corners and staying in ruts,sounds as if rebound is to fast and Como is to hard.

What size springs you have in? For your weight you should have 47kg and a 5.0kg rear.
Get your Free sag to around 30mm or 35mm with a Race sag of 100mm or 102mm.

To test......what you are going to have to do is.......open them clickers up. Set the Rebound clickers on Forks to say about 9 out from fully in. Now Turn the Compression clickers all the way open.
Go out and ride.......this should make the Front stay in those ruts. Do same for the rear and also put the High speed comp at 1 turn out.

I have stock springs that came with bike I haven't done any changes to springs..I've read that for the 09crf450 108 mm of sag is ideal for this bike? I dunno tho..this is all new to me. It's gonna take some playing with. So you think I should run between 103 -102? 

If you have the owners manual start with what it recommends is my suggestion. The manual also has excellent overall susp tuning advice. I agree with the Capt that your sag is too high. If you google "Bruce's Suspension" you will find another very excellent susp tuning tutorial. One of the best, most comprehensive I have seen. And remember, this is all free. Test away!

• Like 1

Got my sag set at 103mm my bike should handle a lot better than it has been. Just got to play with my clickers now and see how easy those are set up! Got my first race next weekend I want to make sure I'm all dialed in! Thanks for the help! ??✊??

The 09 tends to stinkbug( high in rear ) so 108mm sag helps , most also run stiffer fork spring than normal to help

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mog said:

The 09 tends to stinkbug( high in rear ) so 108mm sag helps , most also run stiffer fork spring than normal to help

I thought so! Gonna have to adjust it again tonight! Thanks man