Sign in to follow this  

Looking at buying a crf250L. After seating on one, I am thinking of lowering it by about an inch. I am currently on a Kawasaki Super Sherpa. I am thinking of the SC low seat. For those who have the seat, between it being a little wider than the stock but lower does it really feel lower or not much of a difference in height compared to stock?

2 hours ago, dankatz said:

Looking at buying a crf250L. After seating on one, I am thinking of lowering it by about an inch. I am currently on a Kawasaki Super Sherpa. I am thinking of the SC low seat. For those who have the seat, between it being a little wider than the stock but lower does it really feel lower or not much of a difference in height compared to stock?

How tall are you ?    It is very easy to get used to the taller seat height. 

I put one on the WR250R I bought my son. I posted before and after pictures of my son on the bike in the recovery room thread. It does lower it one inch ... 👍  But, keep in mind the seat is wider so if you're sitting towards the rear of the seat it does not lower it much and your legs are further apart. I liked the seat so much I have been thinking of putting one on my CRF. 

Edited by gnath9

I am 5'7" with a proportional inseam. I am not worried about the height on the street. I am more worried about the height and my skill level off road :-)  I don't want to lower much. I am also a lightweight at 145 lbs without gear, so would probably need to adjust the stock preload. I am not sure what the default is set to but probably something like 170 lbs. I saw the picture you posted of your son, but was not sure if it is the same for the crf250l. On the DR650 that I had getting the Sargent low seat is all I needed to get more comfortable. I did not use the factory lowering option.

One other question, there is a used corbin seat locally for an ok price. Is the corbin seat as low as the SC low seat? 

13 minutes ago, dankatz said:

One other question, there is a used corbin seat locally for an ok price. Is the corbin seat as low as the SC low seat? 

I own a Corbin for my CRF205L and it measures the exact same as the stock seat but, it is much firmer and you will not sink into it so it is actually taller than stock in relation to your feet touching the ground. The Corbin is an excellent and probably the best seat for the road ... not so much for the dirt tho. 

The stock suspension is setup for more like a 120 lb rider ... very soft and I highly recommend upgrading to a full Race Tech setup ... 👍   It turns this cheap bike into a completely different machine. My CRF feels much better than my son's WR250R. 

Edited by gnath9
  • Like 1

Thanks. I think I should first purchase the bike ;-)

That's what I thought about the Corbin, but wanted to confirm

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gnath9 said:

Why do you want to part with it ?  

Basically it's sitting on the shelf and I have a ridiculous about of $$ invested in my CRF after building the engine so just trying to recover something.

FWIW...   I'm thinking of listing my bike for sale if anyone in the Southeast is interested in a CRF 320 with the 250 tranny installed.

• Like 1