Unusual wheel lock up

Gday all, having a tough time diagnosing my issue here, whats going on is the back wheel is ALMOST completely locked up when the bike is cold, ingear and not turned on..(clutch in) But once the bike has warmed up the issue vanishes and runs perfect. Not sure if its an early sign of seizure or a clutch issue possibly? (Bike likes to crawl when clutch is in at times and neutral is all but impossible to find at times) thanks a ton all take care. 

Ps bike is a wr250f 01

• Like 1

Same shit (minus the hard to find neutral) happens to most of my bikes. Both my DRZ and Husky did that when they were brand new out of the crate. DRZ still did it after a fresh clutch, cables and adjustment. I don't think its a problem, personally. 

Neutral being hard to find would presumably be user error... ? 

I had the same problem on my 2001 RM125 and to fix it I took my clutch basket off and filed all the grooves where the clutch plates slide and on the basket when you disengage the clutch. I Put the basket back on problem solved hope this helps.

Thanks for all the replies, put my worrying head to rest abit.. odd part is it started happening out of the blue. I already thought the clutch was on its way out though, the fact it started randomly refusing to turn while cold in gear with clutch in is what made me worry. Thanks again.

Probably groves in the clutch basket not allowing all discs to open up, filing will help but not a permanent fix because it gives even more play for clutches to slop around and will groove even faster next time. Check your cable also I've had several strands break which allows stretch in cable which won't pull enough to open fully.

• Like 1