Reed - Still impressive

The old man still has some mad skills...all the chatter bout Toemack & Dungery...thought I would give a shout out to the Metamucil man !

YOU ROCK...

• Like 4

Not a big fan of his, but it would have been cool to see him mix it up with Dungey and Tomac, too bad Anderson took him out before that could happen

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, daled said:

The old man still has some mad skills...all the chatter bout Toemack & Dungery...thought I would give a shout out to the Metamucil man !

YOU ROCK...

The only reason Reed found himself upfront in Vegas is because Tomac slowed the pace in order to screw with Dungey

If not for that Reed would have been back where he usually is and been lapped 

• Like 6

For whatever reason Reed is not back up to speed. Just two years ago he was much faster. A lot can happen in two years and by 30, regardless of the body condition, most in MX are over it.

Im not a fan, but I do like it when he is up to speed and in the mix. 

• Like 1

Just now, meyermetal said:

The only reason Reed found himself upfront in Vegas is because Tomac slowed the pace in order to screw with Dungey

Oh I don't know about that, he was riding better than usual and was briefly in 3rd, I don't think he was gonna be a lapper

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dmouse said:

Yeah but... I've never seen a race where the leader lapped up to 3rd place

I have  :thumbsup:

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, meyermetal said:

Maybe..or maybe Tomac made mstakes like in jersey..plus everyone of the top were hungry. It was the last race.

39 minutes ago, Dmouse said:

You should get to know RC then

43 minutes ago, meyermetal said:

Lap times don't lie. Eli checked up around lap 7 when everyone else started catching up to him and Ryan

http://results.amasupercross.com/xml/SX/events/S1785/S1F1RID.pdf

100% you are correct sir! Course people will argue with you just because and then a bike war will break out, but Meyer called it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dmouse said:

Chad Reed San Diego 2005. Reed lapped 4th and was about 6 feet from lapping 3rd place Mike Larocco.

yep at around lap 6-7 the lap times suddenly went a whole 2-3 seconds down and stayed there and Tomac looked like he was on a trail ride into and through the turns. It was obvious. His typical low and flat ridding position suddenly changed to sitting upright with no panic at all.

That said I have seen Reed up to speed once or twice this season but only for a lap. Not sure what the issue is but he seems to have ether lost his nerve or his desire or simply cant seem to get everything working to the point where he can get back to speed

My memory must be fading in my old age!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lowmass said:

For whatever reason Reed is not back up to speed. Just two years ago he was much faster. A lot can happen in two years and by 30, regardless of the body condition, most in MX are over it.

Im not a fan, but I do like it when he is up to speed and in the mix. 

Yamaha is a well known piece of shit, many threads here explaining exactly the problems with the bike.  

3 hours ago, redrider144 said:

Yeah it looked like a wagon train up front the last several laps.

How every stoopidcross race should look so I quit falling asleep before the 450 semis

• Like 2

4 hours ago, daled said:

YOU ROCK...

The dude finished 9th in points.  He was only 170 points or so from Dungey.  Hopefully this it is for him. He has been a field filler the last 6 years.

He's publicly said the yzf only works on hardback

• Like 2

What most don't realize is Reed is most impressive from his years of dedicated training with the Hydromax.  He has been fitted for a custom x50 to accommodate his gains & we commend him on his dedication & ability to gain like no other.  

• Like 2

yep at around lap 6-7 the lap times suddenly went a whole 2-3 seconds down and stayed there and Tomac looked like he was on a trail ride into and through the turns. It was obvious. His typical low and flat ridding position suddenly changed to sitting upright with no panic at all.

That said I have seen Reed up to speed once or twice this season but only for a lap. Not sure what the issue is but he seems to have ether lost his nerve or his desire or simply cant seem to get everything working to the point where he can get back to speed

So basically he was riding like Dungey!? Well at least Tomac slowing down made Dunge look aggressive for a moment!!