2017 KTM 250SX

Hey guys

I just picked up a brand new 2017 KTM 250sx. Went through the bike before I rode it, tore it down and packed all the bearings with grease and checked and put locktite on most of the bolts..... Took it out and ran it through some heat cycles on and off for about 1 hr. Parked it and dumped the oil, took it back out the next day and went a little harder on it. bikes awesome, I love it, I'm coming off a 16 450 Factory Edition, so far I honestly like it better. So I decided to play with the power valve springs, I installed the red spring, Backed out the adjuster 1.5 turns out counter clockwise, Def woke the bike up a lot, I feel it pulls harder from bottom up then my 450FE, Im love it. Talking to a buddy, I told him I put the red spring in, he told me his friend put the red spring in on his 17 TC250, did 3 laps and the top end grenaded?! I don't think it had anything to do with the spring change, since it only controls when the power valve opens, but has anyone heard of issues with running the red spring like what he told me???

I have a 2017 KTM 250SX also.  Running the red spring had nothing to do with his top end grenading. Period

• Like 1

very good torque, Like I said in my post I'm coming off a 16 450FE, I feel it pulls stronger then that to be honest. bikes super light, corners great, like its on rails. super pumped on my purchase. I'm in the process of turning mine into a Factory edition replica. I already added a Acerbis skid plate, Renthal twinwall 999s, renthal intellilevers, Factory edition seat cover and graphics, bills works pipe, bills MX2 carbon silencer, and v force 4 reeds, cycra stadium plate.

• Like 1

Still waitingon parts to arrive, I'll post pics as I put things on it, can't wait to rip it again, couldn't stop smiling the whole time.

20170505_201917.jpg

20170505_070754.jpg

20170505_070804.jpg

• Like 2

Great looking bike ! I have a 16 , I'm just wondering how difference it made swapping the standard reed cage for the v force 4 ? I'm also running full bills on yellow spring though ,the red wears me out to fast !

According to JD the best setting is the red spring 2 turns in from fully out. Puts it about 1 turn in from flush. I did that with my 17 xcw and it gives it a good strong pull right off idle. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ironpony said:

Great looking bike ! I have a 16 , I'm just wondering how difference it made swapping the standard reed cage for the v force 4 ? I'm also running full bills on yellow spring though ,the red wears me out to fast !

I cant comment on how it changes it yet haven't  had time to put them in yet, but I will update on the differences