Getting more out of my YZ250FX

I own a 2016 YZ250FX. I love it. Great bike. I've done nothing to alter the power with regards to aftermarket parts other than to set the GYTR tuner map to the factory HARD hitting setting which gives me a little more snap. After a year, I'm really comfortable on the bike and ready for even more grunt and mid-range power. I'm looking for suggestions on how to achieve this without making any major changes.

A pipe for one, would be a quick swap that could help. What pipe do you guys recommend?

What else could I do to get more power? It's fuel injected, so no jetting to be done, right? I'm no mechanic, so looking for dumbed down suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

I just went from my 14 270 with dr d pipe to my new 17 bone stock.  I then switched over the dr d exhaust and it made a difference....slight...but it did.  But man there is no replacement for those extra 20cc's.  Maybe add one tooth to the rear sprocket to tighten it up.  But with a pipe costing as much as the 270 kit I'd spend my money on the BB every time.

• Like 1

A slip on exhaust will do very little in the way of power. I'm willing to bet that 99% of people actually wouldnt notice the difference. Also, as stated, the cost of a pipe vs the performance gains - not bang for buck.

More power = engine work. Big bore, cams, gytr head, then add an exhaust.

• Like 1

I put a slip-on on my 14 250F, the difference was next to nothing ( although it sounds much better and I have a removable spark arrestor)

I then bought a set of stage 2 hotcams, no mistaking that difference! My next mod will be a 269 kit.

I put a slip-on on my 14 250F, the difference was next to nothing ( although it sounds much better and I have a removable spark arrestor)

I then bought a set of stage 2 hotcams, no mistaking that difference! My next mod will be a 269 kit.

What did you notice with the cam change?

When the time comes for a rebuild, money permitting, I'll be doing a BB kit.

I put a 14:1 JE piston in mine, more low and mid range. 15 YZ250f.

• Like 1