XR250R cylinder heads

What did Honda change on the cylinder head thru the years on the xr250r 86-95 & 96-04.

I found one on eBay that said 90-95, not sure if there's a difference between 86-89.

I have a 1997 and I need a head. I found them new but I would also need every component in the head new. So you can imagine it's gonna be pricey.

Is there a reason why an older year head wouldn't fit in my engine? Bolt pattern? Piston clearance/compression? Valve clearance?

I have the official Honda XR250 Service Manual and it says 1986 - 1989, and I think the main components stayed the same in that period. Did you check sites like partzilla?

Partzilla says 86-91 part #12200-KT1-780
I looked up a 92 and it's the same part number so internals must be different
96-04 has part #12200-kcz-305

All I know is 96-04 has a smaller spark plug thread size

I think the new head comes with guides.  Obviously you need new exhaust valves but it's usually the intakes that go first on the late head so I would replace those too.  What else do you need.  Are the rockers and cam shot too?  Valve springs over heated?  Chain stretched?  Small end of rod scored?  I would opt for new parts while they're still available or part out what is left.  How embarrassing to run out of oil.

Yeah I'm going all new components, cam and rockers seem ok. I'm taking it to a machine shop Saturday and he's gonna let me know if my head is salvageable. I'll have him look at the cam too. I called millennium technologies, I've heard good things about them. Until he told me that head restoration is a $379 minimum. No thanks