low compression after rebuild

So in the fall my compression was 62 PSI when it calls for 99PSI decided to do a top end rebuild. Cleaned the hole top end this winter taking my time and assembled with new piston and rings and all gaskets. Just did a light 500km break in and then compression tested today and the reading was at 82PSI. So a 20 PSI increase but still not 99.

So I guess the next issues will be getting the new Valves?

That 99psi is with the decomp still working and perfectly adjusted valves,no worn parts and fully seated rings.....

loosen the right exhaust rocker 80 thou and the decomp will be out of the readings,,giving you full cylinder pressure...

I would never rely on a com p test with the decomp opening an exhaust valve at cranking rpm........also you have to have the throttle wide open to do the test properly..

See what you get with the decomp inactive....and let me know..

B

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brianhare said:

That 99psi is with the decomp still working and perfectly adjusted valves,no worn parts and fully seated rings.....

loosen the right exhaust rocker 80 thou and the decomp will be out of the readings,,giving you full cylinder pressure...

I would never rely on a com p test with the decomp opening an exhaust valve at cranking rpm........also you have to have the throttle wide open to do the test properly..

See what you get with the decomp inactive....and let me know..

B

I will try that tomorrow

22 minutes ago, braindead0 said:

If you have a CV full throttle doens't cut it, you need to hold the slide fully open or pull the carb.. just in case..

OK so I took your advice and held the slide all the way up with my finger in the carb the number dropped to from 120 with just throttle to 90 PSI with slide all the way up. must be valves so I Guess my next step is to figure out how to do the leak down test to pin point where the loss is