Oil on oil breather box

Hello I have a 2016 Drz400sm bike has rolled over on 4000 miles and I noticed today that I have some oil residual on some lines going to what I thinks is the oil breather. Hoping someone can help me out on this20170509_091531.jpg

Yes it is a breather box. Top hose draws oil vapor from the head, separates it, and oil goes back into the cylinder through the bottom hose. THere is one more hose at the top on the other side, not visible here. It the oil vapor back into the airbox to be combusted (for emissions reasons). A little oil on the lines is nothing to be worried about.

• Like 1

Yep! Thats the breather box, top may spit out some oil so its designed to drain back down in. 

First thing i would do is check the top and bottom clamps and make sure everything is tight and clean. Looks like its leaking from the bottom return hose but could have been from the top and dripped down the breather box.... but just guessing :p

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, knorthcutt said:

Ok so it's nothing major then just wipe it off and move on?

Yup

• Like 1

my 2016 was the same way. i thight the clamp a little more a couple months ago, it worried me so much that i haven't check it again...lol

• Like 2