Sign in to follow this  

Stonyford trail 28?

Is there a name to the hill climb out of the creek bed between 25 and 47 on trail 28. 

I rode it this weekend and it was pretty fun. Freshly bull dozed and loose ass shale. Only made it up half way of the second climb....then was worried about gas and traveling in the opposite direction of camp.

Next time I want to start that direction, rather checking it out on the end of a run.

6 hours ago, bent70 said:

Freshly bull dozed and loose ass shale. 

No rational reason for that, other than to keep the worker bees busy. Total BS, ever since the 2012 fire that kinda crap has been happening seemingly nonstop there. Makes the trails more dangerous.

Some call it Hornets Grove as mentioned above but I don't know if that's an official name. Others call it Gilmore. But it the tie between Hornets Nest Ridge and Gilmore Ridge. Take a right at the top and you'll drop down into Crackerbox. Good ride but didn't know they dozed it. As Dyrtmon mentioned, too much of that going on lately.

Yea it's like they were adding water bars or just steps on all the climbs. Problem was the backsides of the steps were cupped deep so when you blast over the top you flying into a pit. Just can't pin it to win it.

4 hours ago, bent70 said:

Yea it's like they were adding water bars or just steps on all the climbs. Problem was the backsides of the steps were cupped deep so when you blast over the top you flying into a pit. Just can't pin it to win it.

They did the same thing going up Letts

We spent a week there at the end of April and rode all of 28.  With all the rain this year, I have never seen 28 more nasty.  It was a white-knuckle ride going down the rock section and it was impossible trying to go up.  Talked to Ranger Matt and he told us it was so bad they were afraid people were going to get seriously hurt and that's why it was "fixed".