Looking for the stock shim stack on a 2015 Yz250 for the shock.   Any help would be nice! 

• Like 1

Looking for the stock shim stack on a 2015 Yz250 for the shock.   Any help would be nice! 

I would like to know that as well for mine. My Tuner just had mine off last week shuffling the shims around.
I know he said he took two of the
Size .20 shims out on the rebound stack and put .15's on to stiffen it up.

I believe it made it a little too stiff as I am all the way out on my Compression clickers and all out on High Speed comp.

I took a turn off of the spring on rear shock in hopes to gain back a few clicks.

20161024_205206.jpg
Here is the shims for it. I took my shock off back in Feburary to service it and measured the shims,but Measured the outer Diameter of em instead of the thickness.....lol.
Next Time I change the Fluid in it I am going to measure them again.

1 hour ago, CaptainKnobby said:

I would like to know that as well for mine. My Tuner just had mine off last week shuffling the shims around.
I know he said he took two of the
Size .20 shims out on the rebound stack and put .15's on to stiffen it up.

I believe it made it a little too stiff as I am all the way out on my Compression clickers and all out on High Speed comp.

I took a turn off of the spring on rear shock in hopes to gain back a few clicks.

Wouldn't the .15's make it softer as they are a thinner shim?  If it is the diameter then it is a smaller one. 

1 hour ago, CaptainKnobby said:

20161024_205206.jpg
Here is the shims for it. I took my shock off back in Feburary to service it and measured the shims,but Measured the outer Diameter of em instead of the thickness.....lol.
Next Time I change the Fluid in it I am going to measure them again.

Yeah have to measure both thickness and diameter

• Like 1

Wouldn't the .15's make it softer as they are a thinner shim?  If it is the diameter then it is a smaller one. 

I may have said it backwards. I believe now he said he took the 15's out and replaced them with 20's.
I wished he just done one of em. The rear is plenty stiff now.
But maybe since I took a turn off the spring it will soften it some.

Captain Knobby, do you have the correct rate spring in the bike and the sag set correctly?

• Like 1

Captain Knobby, do you have the correct rate spring in the bike and the sag set correctly?

Yep! My tuner told me to jack the Forks up through the clamps 8mm and to take 20cc of fluid out of the outer tubes and to take 1 turn off of the Rear spring.

I done all of this but took 25cc fluid out of outer tubes. Sag is 104mm an Free sag is 39mm. Gained back 5 clicks on Forks compression and 5 clicks back on shock's low comp.

Now I am at 14 out on Forks comp and 15 rebound. Shock Comp is 13 out and Rebound 15 and HSC is 1 turn and a 1/4 out. Bike feels good now and turns excellent. Jump landings feels really good now about 60% overall improvement than before. I am happy with it now.
  • Like 1

On 5/10/2017 at 10:55 AM, dnsducks said:

should have it here: valving logic

Thanks that is where I ended up getting it from.   I was a member of that sight but couldn't remember the name LOL.  But I did remember my password so senility must not be too bad yet.