92 Kawasaki kx250 need team green guru

Hello thumperralk, I recently acquired a 92 kx250. In curious on three things.

What front ends swap onto this bike i.e. I can simply unbolt the one and swap the whole other setup with triple trees. 

What rear ear shock would fit in place?

and what motor mounts are the same for the bottom end?

i ask because I got the bike for cheap, I will take it down and re do everything to make it like new but the forks and shock are shot Andy I'd like to swap, if not I'll send out to re build. And the trans seems locked up. The kicker will start it with the clutch in but with the clutch out you can't move the kicker. I have yet to dive in and see what's causing the holdup. Any tips and tricks would be great. Most likely I'd like to probably find a bottom end to simply bolt my top end on or swap the whole thing. 

Here she is, I'm going to strip it down and re do it all but as of now the forks are blown and the shock has no charge or oil all spring. Also it runs perfect with the clutch in but something's bound up and it'll die if you try and release the clutch

IMG_1426.JPG

How are the forks "shot"?  You can rebuild/respring them for about $150.  Any used set of forks you may or may not have the same issues.  91-95 will fit your trees, should be able to use up to 02 but you need the trees for anything after 95.  Beyond that there's some fabbing.  Same goes with the shock, basically the same until 99 or 00 with the hi/lo speed comp adjustment.  Get yours rebuilt, at least you know it's fresh.  Engines up to 04 will fit but you may or may not need other things like the cylinder, ignition, etc. depending on what you use.  You should check the powervalves before you do anything.  Those are hard to find and can be expensive when/if you do find replacements.  Bottom end stuff can be sourced pretty easily.  You should be able to repair/rebuild your for less than buying a used replacement that may need a crank anyway.

Thanks for the reply, I've owned many bikes but I've never seen one where the trans is locked up like this. Shifter won't move and slipping the clutch doesn't even shake the cs sprocket.

I have a trans out of 99 for cheap, but you could do a kdx trans swap if you plan on using this for trails.  

Thanks for the help! It's a bummer because she fires right up, has a lot of compression and sounds crisp.im thinking the trans ran dry as when I got it running it smoked badly, leading me to Believe crank seals are toast so it probably got ridden till it burned all the trans flui

Man that poor bike lol use to race them blue forked 125s when was young.  Great bikes :thumbsup: wish I still had my 93

• Like 1

What I can't figure out is why the forks aren't blue? I assume they could've been swapped but idk. Such a bummer because it has tons of compression and runs perfect just something in the bottom end is seized so out it has to come

May be a long shot but does anyone know if a 99 transmission will drop into the 92 cases? I also found a 1987 bottom end for cheap and it looks identical to my 92 just black. If anyone knows how far back and forward I can go with years that would be great. I'd like to know if my 92 had no engine in it what motors had the same bottom mounts( I know the heads went back to front but that's ok

Edited by imported_BlackBeard

Anyone? I know someone out there would know the answer. I'd like to know if I search around what bottom end will bolt into my frame? I even seen an 89 bottom end on eBay and it besides being black it looked identical