TTR230 Transmission bearing

I am looking for bearing #24 in the parts diagram for a 2014 TTR-230.  Code 93306-304YP-00 but shows obsolete.  Anyone know how I can source a new bearing?  I don't know why this bearing would be different than 2013 and earlier, but it is a different part number.

TTR230Trans.PNG.9b999fff870482ccb582d5886170bf0b.PNG

Dealer shows it as obsolete too. I asked them to see if they can find a substitute.

I split the case last night and found that the obsolete trans bearing is a NSK 6304.  In the crankshaft/piston diagram it is the same as bearing #22 yet the part numbers are different (but only by 1 number).  The NSK number is easily found online for around $25.  Will see what the dealer comes up with.

6304 indicates the size of the bearing only, there can still be other differences. Bearings are available in multiple classes/tolerances, a bearing with an unsupported shaft through it, such as the output shaft, could be different than a bearing at the end of a shaft.

Yamaha has part technicians that can research parts back to the original drawings if necessary and give the dealer the correct part number, they are also the ones who get errors in parts diagrams corrected.

• Like 1