Suspension Work KTM 250 in South Metro Area

Hi Guys,

I need to adjust (and probably do some maintenance) front and rear forks on my bike, so they can work better with my weight and height, as the previous owner was much taller than me.

It is a 2015 KTM 250 XCW, and I am near Park Meadows Mall, so the closest to that area the better, but still more important to get a good, trusted mechanic, that someone has some experience with already.

I thought about Fay Myers, as I assume they do that kind of work, but not sure how good they are.

Any recommendations?

Edited by rulo87

http://www.endurospec.com/ - Warren does a LOT of work for some very fast locals... and he's one of them himself.  He's in Parker, CO.

http://www.fullfactoryoffroad.com/ - Same with Bryan.  He works at Fay (I think)... but I would see him before you go the dealer route.

John Blythe @ STK suspension in Sedalia, CO.  But I cannot find his website anymore.  Not sure if he's still in biz?  He's father to Ian.. another stupid fast local guy.

I know riders/racers that have used all three and I've never heard any negatives.  I would not personally take my biz to Fay M... but I do all my own work/setup too.  FWIW.

:thumbsup:

I liked the work RG3 did on my suspension, but i'm on a YZ250. Endurospec seems to be the go to for the Euro bikes. 

I haven't used him but have a few friends that were very pleased with Hitchcock. I just checked with one of them before responding to you. Friend reported Hitchcock did good work, comparable prices and on time. "Great for someone working out of his home/shed." Direct quote.

Go see Slavens Racing in CO Springs. Not real close -- but definitely real good.

26 minutes ago, mrgem said:

Go see Slavens Racing in CO Springs. Not real close -- but definitely real good.

Jeff stopped doing suspension work. 

Ice been impressed by how reasonable Bryan at full factory off-road is, plus I haven't heard a complaint about results either.

5 hours ago, Bryce418 said:

Jeff stopped doing suspension work. 

Ice been impressed by how reasonable Bryan at full factory off-road is, plus I haven't heard a complaint about results either.

5 hours ago, mrgem said:

Someone else told me that he didn't do suspensions any more....But on his FB page it still says:

"Jeff Slavens Racing is proud to offer American made aftermarket products for KTM, Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Husqvarna, Husaberg and GasGas.

Jeff Slavens Racing offers a variety of services including suspension re-valves and re-builds and engine modifications and re-builds for KTM and Husaberg.

Not sure why the confusion...

I was basing my info from one of his recent YouTube videos. If I recall correct he's sending people to Warren at endurospec.

excellent guys, all this info is awesome, thanks a lot, I definitely have a few options to pick from now :ride:

Bobby Fitch's shop is down south & he did a great job on my YZ & later my rmz450.  I can't remember the name of his shop but if you look him up on Facebook his info is there.

Edited by Towel.Nutkis.Lipshiz

13 hours ago, Towel.Nutkis.Lipshiz said:

Bobby Fitch's shop is down south & he did a great job on my YZ & later my rmz450.  I can't remember the name of his shop but if you look him up on Facebook his info is there.

Absolute race technology is Bobby's shop.

• Like 1

Slavens suggests Factory Suspension Works in Montrose. Adam suggested the place when I inquired about it. The owner was quick to return my call. Was very knowledgeable and helpful. You can ship your suspension parts there for him to work on. Make an appointment and it's a 2-4day turnaround. Factorysuspensionworks.com

On 5/10/2017 at 10:01 AM, ColoradoJax said:

http://www.endurospec.com/ - Warren does a LOT of work for some very fast locals... and he's one of them himself.  He's in Parker, CO.

http://www.fullfactoryoffroad.com/ - Same with Bryan.  He works at Fay (I think)... but I would see him before you go the dealer route.

John Blythe @ STK suspension in Sedalia, CO.  But I cannot find his website anymore.  Not sure if he's still in biz?  He's father to Ian.. another stupid fast local guy.

I know riders/racers that have used all three and I've never heard any negatives.  I would not personally take my biz to Fay M... but I do all my own work/setup too.  FWIW.

:thumbsup:

Thanjk Jax! ill definitely check him out!! i think its time for me to get some suspension work as my speed and riding gets better

3 hours ago, RideWithWill said:

Thanjk Jax! ill definitely check him out!! i think its time for me to get some suspension work as my speed and riding gets better

What are ya riding?  I ask, cuz we had Warren do a conversion to our 2006 450 EXC's a few years back and it is what he told us it would be (i.e. good for the rocks) but I've been meaning to take em back and have it undone cuz its too soft.  I haven't gotten around to it cuz we got some new 300s in 2014 and the 450s haven't seen much use since, other than an occasional dual sport ride.

Maybe PM me if ya wanna discuss. Goin ridin tomorrow, so won't be on here during the day.

On May 10, 2017 at 10:08 AM, redhurricane said:

Hitchcock still around? Englewood

Yes, Hitchcock is still around.  Left my husky with him today to lower and setup  suspension.

I used Full Factory Offroad with very good results. Did a F & R revalve and fluid changes. Springs were fine for my weight.