Atlas air versus Atlas Carbon brace

I still have my original Atlas brace, great shape no issues. A friend wants to buy it for $150. 

A couple guys I know are selling their braces and I was thinking of upgrading. Original Carbon Atlas for $200 or a 2015 Atlas Air(only a few rides) for $170. 

Seems like the new air is lighter than the carbon. I'm looking for lowest profile and weight. 

Any thoughts? 

They're all so light I don't think it really matters.  I have an original Atlas and have no intention of changing.  You don't even know its there.

12 minutes ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

They're all so light I don't think it really matters.  I have an original Atlas and have no intention of changing.  You don't even know its there.

I have neck issues so every gram and mm counts for me. I don't wear it much for woods riding, mostly MX.

Do you use the pads at the shoulders or remove them?  I don't use them, it makes it fit much better.

Edited by cjjeepercreeper

16 minutes ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

Do you use the pads at the shoulders or remove them?  I don't use them, it makes it fit much better.

I don't run the set you can add. 

6 minutes ago, ckny said:

I don't run the set you can add. 

That's what I was talking about.  You'd have to have a mighty long neck to use them.