Post a picture or video of your 690 Enduro R or Husqvarna 701

Yes, I have found that it does "steer" from the back tire on the dirt! Kinda like an AC Cobra does on the street. Fun as hell though. 

Edit~ What tire pressures are you running on the street? I'm 26/26 on the OEM Conti's currently. The steering is anything but neutral on my bike.  
Thats probably reasonable. I run 20/18 but i'm on knobs. Have you set your sag?

Sadly, I have not messed with the adjustments as of yet. Soon though, soon. Maybe I'm just getting "used" to it. The Husky is a lot narrower than my other 2 bikes. First time I "discovered" the bike's narrowness, I swung my leg over and missed the footpeg entirely. That's almost as bad as looking for one's glasses when they are on their head already... 

On 4/2/2019 at 12:56 AM, NORTY said:

Sure hope my save cyl doesn't leak at the o-ring... 

Congrats on the new ride. The stock slave cylinders rarely fail.  Oberon is a nicer design but the basic OEM ones have a good track record, just not as pretty. ;)

Went to FOX Raceway yesterday, and rode a few laps on the Vet track. (Hey, I’m OLD, ok?)
Anyway, after this, I rode 41 miles back home.
Bear in mind, I haven’t been on a motocross track since about 1983-4.
IMG_1319.jpg
IMG_1308.jpg
IMG_1296.jpg
IMG_2391.jpg

• Like 5

Looks like I should lay off the ham for breakfast too! LOL! Wish I could say I was wearing a roost/chest protector... 

Dang young'uns were passing me like I was a "back marker!" (I guess I was.) LOL!

Only mods I did to prep for the track? I removed the mirrors. 

Not too many bikes can you do what I did, and have the bike survive without damage to the bike (or rider.)  

Still breaking in the bike as it only has 175 miles on it now. I did "take it easy." Not so much for the bike's sake, but for my own sake. 

Still fun times. Just glad I didn't get hurt and that I can walk away at the end of the day.

Heck, I didn't even "air down" the tires! Still at 26/26!

Looks like I should lay off the ham for breakfast too! LOL! Wish I could say I was wearing a roost/chest protector... 
Dang young'uns were passing me like I was a "back marker!" (I guess I was.) LOL!
Only mods I did to prep for the track? I removed the mirrors. 
Not too many bikes can you do what I did, and have the bike survive without damage to the bike (or rider.)  
Still breaking in the bike as it only has 175 miles on it now. I did "take it easy." Not so much for the bike's sake, but for my own sake. 
Still fun times. Just glad I didn't get hurt and that I can walk away at the end of the day.
Heck, I didn't even "air down" the tires! Still at 26/26!

IMG_1317.jpg
IMG_1316.jpg
IMG_1315.jpg
  • Helpful 1

Here's another, even slower... The only thing I did was remove the mirrors. The suspension hasn't even been messed with yet. The bike still has the dealership gasoline in it!

BTW~ all that "padding" you see is "inborn..." 

Heck, even the tires are WAY over inflated (26/26.) But, worked well for the 41 mile ride back home...

Edited by NORTY
  • Like 1

On 4/8/2019 at 10:33 PM, NORTY said:

Crap, shoulda put those videos here! 

Get the suspension done, maybe Dal Saggio if you have the budget. You'd be amazed at what you can do on a 701. I ride mine like a motocross bike, lots of single track too. There is practically nothing it won't do, but the suspension was a limiting factor for me. I'm working on getting my TE300i to handle as good as I finally got the 701. I'm gonna pull the xplor wp's and put my spare aer's on it, if that don't cut it I guess I will go dal saggio again. They made a huge difference on the 701 but needed two shots at getting the calving right.

• 2 weeks later...