Black Acerbis Plastic Kit

Hi all, it's been a while since I've posted and I can't seem to find any info on this. I just received the Acerbis Black Plastic kit from ThumperTalk.

I'm not sure if the gas tank shrouds fit right. There's a Plastic strip on the inside that goes up against the radiator and it seems to be too big and not cut to the right size. I think I might have to trim it down for them to fit with out bending the Plastic a lot.

Does anyone know anything about these, and are there any other tips I could know about this kit? Thanks

I did not trim mine and have the same exact plastics. Not at home now to check, but believe they work as a standoff and not actually as a seat for the radiator to lock into. 

I did run into issues with the fin on my rad not lining up due to some bandage after an abrupt dismount into a tree.... but found if I put all the hardware in lose and then torque them down it all fits and bends the plastic into the shape it needs to be to fit.

I'll take a look when ibget home and confirm 

I did not trim mine and have the same exact plastics. Not at home now to check, but believe they work as a standoff and not actually as a seat for the radiator to lock into. 
I did run into issues with the fin on my rad not lining up due to some bandage after an abrupt dismount into a tree.... but found if I put all the hardware in lose and then torque them down it all fits and bends the plastic into the shape it needs to be to fit.
I'll take a look when ibget home and confirm 

Ok, did it seem like they had to bend a lot to get all three bolts on? I know the radiator doesn't lock into it or anything, and all three holes line up perfect, but because of this strip on the inside it has to bend a lot in order to get the tank bolt in, and it puts a ton of tension on the Plastic and bolt. Here's pictures IMG_3379.JPGIMG_3378.JPG

11 minutes ago, Mistor With-It said:

Also, was going to try to rip the old heat shield off and glue it on the new ones. Should I waste my time or is it good without it?

It's useful to have the heat shield. If you drop the bike, the muffler can easily melt the plastic. Up to you if it's a waste of time peeling it off, most people just buy more.

It's useful to have the heat shield. If you drop the bike, the muffler can easily melt the plastic. Up to you if it's a waste of time peeling it off, most people just buy more.

Ok. I figured most guys buy a new one but I didn't even think of it till now, lol