2018 RMZ-450, This is why it needs to come with electric start

Well, I missed it on the 2018 MY, but here's a spy photo off of VitalMX that has the 2019 KX450f with electric start.  Which would leave the RMZ as the only 450 that didn't have it...  So it's gotta happen in 2019 (you'd think).  That said, who would buy an RMX450, that's so restricted from the factory instead of a RMZ450?

max_2019kawasaki_2_of_3_118328.jpg

Well, I missed it on the 2018 MY, but here's a spy photo off of VitalMX that has the 2019 KX450f with electric start.  Which would leave the RMZ as the only 450 that didn't have it...  So it's gotta happen in 2019 (you'd think).  That said, who would buy an RMX450, that's so restricted from the factory instead of a RMZ450?

When the 18 came out they said they wanted to add e start but ran out of time. 19 you’ll get a new 250f ad 20 you get a e start and new motor 450

2020 would be bad timing on Suzuki's part.  The new motor with eStart needs to make it into the '19 MY, granted if the current motor was lighter then I'd have no problem but it's not and the people doing the reviews are making an otherwise good bike look bad ~ and that's bad for sales.  Sounds like the design work is done they just need to release it.

As for an all new RMZ250, that's so far behind schedule that it's not even on the radar for most new buyers, should have released one before the current 450 ~ that design is old.

2020 would be bad timing on Suzuki's part.  The new motor with eStart needs to make it into the '19 MY, granted if the current motor was lighter then I'd have no problem but it's not and the people doing the reviews are making an otherwise good bike look bad ~ and that's bad for sales.  Sounds like the design work is done they just need to release it.
As for an all new RMZ250, that's so far behind schedule that it's not even on the radar for most new buyers, should have released one before the current 450 ~ that design is old.

The 450 ran longer then the 250f has...the 450 was more over due. Weight is funny the bike weights one more pound more then the “great red death”. BUT the Bridgestone tires on the rmz weights 3 pounds more then the Dunlop’s. Swap the tires on the rmz to the 3s the Honda has and walah you have a 3 pound liter bike 🤷‍♂️. Now it’s no longer the heaviest bike everyone cries about
  • Like 1

On 3/19/2018 at 0:45 PM, zig06 said:

There were photo's of prototype RMZ's in Japan last year that had E start. From what I understand, it was the RMX starter assembly with custom built cases, subframe, and airbox to to save weight and make everything fit so the tech is already there. They just need to do it. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, BDubb106 said:

There were photo's of prototype RMZ's in Japan last year that had E start. From what I understand, it was the RMX starter assembly with custom built cases, subframe, and airbox to to save weight and make everything fit so the tech is already there. They just need to do it. 

Never did catch any photo's of an eStart RMZ450 factory bike, tried googling it but came up snake eyes.  Post one if you can find one.  I kind of think that the weight gain was too much so Suzuki pulled that update "because it wasn't ready".  Keep in mind that I really do like RMZ's and would really like to see Suzuki shave some weight (10 pounds would be nice), add electric start and really contend for at least the best that Japan has to offer.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zig06 said:

Never did catch any photo's of an eStart RMZ450 factory bike, tried googling it but came up snake eyes.  Post one if you can find one.  I kind of think that the weight gain was too much so Suzuki pulled that update "because it wasn't ready".  Keep in mind that I really do like RMZ's and would really like to see Suzuki shave some weight (10 pounds would be nice), add electric start and really contend for at least the best that Japan has to offer.

I'll do some searching. I can't remember if they were pictures posted somewhere or if they were pictures in one of those "sneak peak" video's I watched. 

I would have to agree with the weight and time thing. They have to cut some serious weight somewhere else to add a battery, a box, starter, etc. They have had the E start tech for years with the RMX but that is a bike that does not necessarily have to compete with "SUPER" light bikes. It will be interesting to see what they come up with. Looking at the 18' air box it seems as if they could fit a battery and the rest of the components in there with minor modifications. 

• Like 2

Wait is Suzuki still making dirt bikes??

Watched and pro mx in the past 3 years. That will answer your question quickly
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, BDubb106 said:

I'll do some searching. I can't remember if they were pictures posted somewhere or if they were pictures in one of those "sneak peak" video's I watched. 

I would have to agree with the weight and time thing. They have to cut some serious weight somewhere else to add a battery, a box, starter, etc. They have had the E start tech for years with the RMX but that is a bike that does not necessarily have to compete with "SUPER" light bikes. It will be interesting to see what they come up with. Looking at the 18' air box it seems as if they could fit a battery and the rest of the components in there with minor modifications. 

I've always believed that Suzuki kind of missed the mark when they introduced the RMX450 back in 2010.  Kind of felt that they should have used those R&D dollars to progress the RMZ design into an electric start platform like KTM did with the EXC turned SX right before Dungey left Suzuki.  

Not sure why Suzuki refuses to consult with me before they launch new models...   :rolleyes:

Edited by zig06
  • Like 2

Looks like they are blowing them out and it's not even June yet. Definitely a bargain bike 

Screenshot_20180324-161442.png

On 3/24/2018 at 7:17 PM, Bruce372 said:

Looks like they are blowing them out and it's not even June yet. Definitely a bargain bike 

Screenshot_20180324-161442.png

I haven't seen the Zuke's that low in my area but I've seen the Kawi's that low. It's odd how cheap I've seen some of these bikes. The dealer right up the street has a 18 kx450 for $6600. Someone better snatch a few of these up.