Is a GYTR spark ARR a waste of money?

Just wondering if there are any differences or finish details that make a GYTR spark arrestor preferable to the FMF version?

Tia

IMO where it's the same price as the standard FMF TC just rebadged with some official GYTR bling, why not get it. They are excellent and look bitchin!

• Like 1

Depends what it's for. For the YZ250x spark arrestor, i know its the same as the YZ250 version, which can't be good when FMF sells a separate TC2 model that performs better on the X.

There is a possibility the pipes/silencers/SA's could be better on the regular YZ250. There is a rumor that the GYTR models "get more dyno time" but I have yet to see actual proof of this. Wish i had the means to dyno test ALL the exhaust options myself because the lack of data sucks!

You have to be mighty sensitive to notice silencer differences (within types of course) in most riding conditions.  If you see a sparky that fits your bike and the price is right, buy it.  There are much better things to worry about and spend money on.

With KTM, the KTM hard parts model is exactly the same as what FMF sells, except for the paint.

Edited by rpt50
  • Like 1