KTM 125 2012 Control rod not moving

So my 125 is bogging so much that is stalls when riding. It can be fine for a small amount of time, maybe half a lap but thats it, its fine when on the stand no bog at all.

I took apart the top end today as I've read it could be the power valve, the bike has 4 laps on the new top end. The Z adjustment is out by 4mm, although it was perfect when rebuild was done. But the connecting rod won't move in order to adjust the Z measurement. I undone the screw the red arrow is pointing to and then moved the adjuster the blue arrow is pointing to but the rod does not move. Any advice?

Untitled.png

Edited by coote

Did you strip the pv valves and flap from the cylinder when you did your top end? If so take it you timed it correctly when rebuilding. Presume you have the cylinder off again and the arm isn't moving up or down when you adjust the flat sided nut in or out? Normally this is caused by one or more of the ball bearings in the end of the centrifugal timer jumping ship - well ramps. It's an easy fix but you have to remove the clutch cover. You only need an 8mm socket and a pair of water pump pliers and new gasket. How far out/in do you have the adjuster? If you measure from the end of the adjuster to the case mating surface you should be within the range of 6 - 10 mm. Sometimes the arm that runs up and down the timer shaft wears a semi circle in the end making for sloppy adjustment, but doesn't stop the system from working. You don't really need to use dimension Z on the 125. Hope this helps. Bob.

Meant to ask, did you confirm it is not opening when you rev the bike by looking through the inspection window on the left of the cylinder. Don't mean to insult you but are you sure you had the pv connected correctly when you replaced the cylinder? It is as easy not to connect the flat ball and socket as it is to connect it.

• Like 1

Check behind the window, as 7ktm mentioned.  I've pinched them there before.