2017 Outdoor Predictions

So here it is, the 2017 Outdoor Nationals are just over 1 week away. Finally we can put the glitz and glam circus of stoopercross behind us and start the real racing. 

Let the smack talking begin! Who is going to walk away from this the 2017 Champions in the two classes? 

Can Dungey outlast Tomac and a real fast field? Will he even be racing the outdoors or is he hanging up his boots?

Will Tomac keep from imploding? Will the Kawi make it moto to moto without imploding?

What will Musquin, Webb and Baggett bring to the table? Do they have the speed?

What about the 250 class? Will Osborne carry the momentum? Will Martin show the brilliance of his past dominance? Is Forkner ready to go bar to bar a full season and stay injury free? Can Ferandis take the American summer heat?

So many different variables.....so many top contenders in both classes. Could go any way.

So I'll start it off....

No surprise my pick is Dungey for the 450 title. Go ahead, start your hating! I don't care if Tomac laps the entire field and Ryan in 2nd place. His constancy wins him his titles and Tomacs mistakes rob him of his. It's the tortoise and the hare and rabbit taste like chicken! IF for some reason Dungey does not race the outdoors (bullshit!), then I will revert my pick to....................................Blake Baggett. El Chubacabra is back!

250 Class..... I'm taking Zach Osborne. The mans on fire and is faster than shit right now. I don't see anyone, including JMart, pulling away from him. Osborne's aggression and never give up attitude this year will earn him his 2nd title of 2017.

Edited by Mongo134
  • Like 2

I think tomac is better outdoors than the dunge...so im going green...I like your Baggett pick, and he's got the speed, but outdoors he seems to have the curse of Canard...that one is risky...I think Marvin just may make his point this summer, and if he gets the points lead, it will be fun to watch dungy pull over for him !...

I hope the racing is just as tight as SX....!

Can't agree more on your 250 choice..!

• Like 3

Dungey will win it if he is racing.  

I would go Baggett or Tomac if Dungey is out.

KTM's future 450 Champ Austin Forknor will win the Lites class.

• Like 1

On a side note, I will NOT be taking any bets on the series other than my normal group bet I have yearly with a certain few of you. Don't take it personal, but bitch ass ho's be skipping on payment!

• Like 2

Tomac to destroy in the 450's, but I like the Baggett pick, he's starting to come along and is better outdoors historically than indoors, however I don't see him doing any better than Musquin or Webb on average.  The 250's should be where the action is.  Forkner will come out swinging, but if JMart gets with the Honda he's gonna do some business.  Savatgy will be there as usual, but we've seen so many implosions now I don't know what to think of him.  My emotional pick would be A.C.  It's his 5th outdoors now and for such a highly touted rider, I'd just like to see him for once put one solid outdoor series together.  Hopefully he gained some confidence in SX.   Plessinger top 3.  I don't know what to expect from Ferrandis, but those guys in MX2 haul the mail so........

• Like 1

I bet Dungey's "over confidence" right now gets him hurt or he will complain throughout the entire season. I believe Tomac is on one. Dungey hasn't been able to handle the 30 minutes brutal motos like most of the other riders.

I think Dungy (spelled on purpose) will be lucky to find his bright orange reflective box o'wheaties poster child self on the podium.

I think Tomac will take it, Barcia will be top 5-6, Webb and Anderson 3rd, and Dungy 4th or 5th.

It is usually those towards the back in supercross that start to come out during outdoors!

Dungey could probably ride behind tomac all year and hardly break a sweat , Anderson won a moto at mxdn which is more than rd managed for a long time , so don't count him out

There are some obvious choices,  but I am going with intuition and saying Webb on the 450.   

• Like 2

Anderson should be solid Outdoors! Tomac definitely will be!! If Dungey races, he'll be in the mix, waiting for a mistake from anyone, to collect another Championship if it's available. 

250's - Martin, Osborne, Hill, Forkner battle all season, and I have no idea who might win that battle!!! Martin I guess.

• Like 2

I'm pulling for Webb but don't expect him to be a contender for the title.  I do think he'll do well if he doesn't get hurt (again). 

It's hard to imagine points going down much different than they were in SX, with probably something like this (if Dungey retires)

Tomac
Musquin
Anderson/Baggett

The x-factor is Tomac's consistency.  Musquin seems pretty reliable for the most part, and will probably be right there.  I expect Tomac to win more races than anyone else, but Musquin will probably hang around and be in contention if Tomac has just one or two bad races.

I'm hoping for a competitive season, but I think the competitiveness will be from 3rd or 4th back.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MANIAC998 said:

Anderson should be solid Outdoors! Tomac definitely will be!! If Dungey races, he'll be in the mix, waiting for a mistake from anyone, to collect another Championship if it's available. 

250's - Martin, Osborne, Hill, Forkner battle all season, and I have no idea who might win that battle!!! Martin I guess.

Martin is a good pick.  If the 450's are sketchy due to some riders being inconsistent,  the 250s' are a crapshoot.  (As usual.) 

• Like 1

No doubt Tomac has the speed but the question is will we see another yard sale. I hope the field learned from what Kenny did to them last season, not even about the aggressive starts, more the bike handling.

21 hours ago, Mongo134 said:

So here it is, the 2017 Outdoor Nationals are just over 1 week away. Finally we can put the glitz and glam circus of stoopercross behind us and start the real racing. 

Let the smack talking begin AND THE BETTING! Who is going to walk away from this the 2017 Champions in the two classes? 

Can Dungey outlast Tomac and a real fast field? Will he even be racing the outdoors or is he hanging up his boots? HANGING HIS BOOTS UP

Will Tomac keep from imploding? Will the Kawi make it moto to moto without imploding? TOMAC FOR THE TITLE BUT HE WILL HAVE A COUPLE OF CHOKE RACES

What will Musquin, TOO INCONSISTENT Webb THE BIKE MAY BE BETTER OUTDOORS, COOPER IS NOT and Baggett bring to the table I THINK HE WILL? Do they have the speed? 

What about the 250 class? Will Osborne HE MAY HAVE MADE SOME ENEMIES SO HE BETTER BE ON HIS STARTS LOL carry the momentum? Will Martin WHICH ONE? JMART WAS BURNT AMART WAS ON FIRE show the brilliance of his past dominance OH JMART, NA HE WILL HAVE A BETTER TRANSITION TO 450 THAN MOST THOUGH? Is Forkner I AM AFRAID HE MIGHT BE IT. AC AND JS HAD TROUBLE IN THE HEAT LAST YEAR ready to go bar to bar a full season and stay injury free? Can Ferandis take the American summer heat? NO BUT HE WILL RIDE WELL

So many different variables.....so many top contenders in both classes. Could go any way.

So I'll start it off....

No surprise my pick is Dungey for the 450 title. Go ahead, start your hating! NO HATING I don't care if Tomac laps the entire field and Ryan in 2nd place. His constancy wins him his titles and Tomacs mistakes rob him of his. It's the tortoise and the hare and rabbit taste like chicken! IF for some reason Dungey does not race the outdoors (bullshit!), then I will revert my pick to....................................Blake Baggett. El Chubacabra is back!

250 Class..... I'm taking Zach Osborne. The mans on fire and is faster than shit right now. I don't see anyone, including JMart, pulling away from him. Osborne's aggression and never give up attitude this year will earn him his 2nd title of 2017.