Zach Osborne fined for the Savatgy pass/crash/takeout.

5 minutes ago, DethWshBkr_ said:

Oh jeez.

Faster rider coming through, last lap, two corners from the end for the championship, and he got fined!   

http://racerxonline.com/2017/05/10/zach-osborne-fined-for-incident-with-joey-savatgy

I'm offering you $1m dollars, but you have to give $500k to the charity of my choice... Do you really care about only getting half? $7500 to be a Champion would be worth every penny to me... 

• Like 8

It was a pretty violent take out.  Call me old fashioned but I don't like to see people winning like that.  If everybody on the gate was pulling shit like that there wouldn't be anyone left at the end of the main.

• Like 14

It was a reckless and overly aggressive move. exactly the kind of "racing" that gives the sport its less than respectable reputation.

The fine was justified and in fact may have been not enough. 

• Like 8

IMO, the AMA is so inconsistent on these things.  If they fined ZO for that pass they should also be fining JG for his pass on MS in Jersey.

It was an amazing ride from the back and a GREAT pass for the title.  This is obviously a crying Mitch Payton trying to avenge his riders failure to take the title.  As said above, Husky, Rock Star and/or any of his other sponsors will be picking up the tab. 

• Like 10

55 minutes ago, lowmass said:

It was a reckless and overly aggressive move. exactly the kind of "racing" that gives the sport its less than respectable reputation.

The fine was justified and in fact may have been not enough. 

Don't watch hockey, you might start crying... 

• Like 16

Well if the precedent is going to be set in this case, why even let guys like Anderson and Freise on the track at all?  That's basically how they ride in heat races mid-season when they aren't title contenders...

• Like 4

Tomac could have done the same thing on three different corners, but didn't. I respect him for that. Zack, not much

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MANIAC998 said:

My friends have done shit like that for a  $3 plastic trophy!!!

A trophy is a trophy, got to do what you got to do right!:lol:

• Like 7

6 hours ago, DethWshBkr_ said:

Oh jeez.

Faster rider coming through, last lap, two corners from the end for the championship, and he got fined!   

http://racerxonline.com/2017/05/10/zach-osborne-fined-for-incident-with-joey-savatgy

I really think the officials should be consistent with rule enforcement, too many times the rules are ignored. The KTM team should have been penalized when MM stopped for RD to go by in the previous race but....

Yeah last lap for the win...if he wouldnt have knocked Savatgy down it wouldnt have been a problem at all. So maybe the lesson is get good at making contact without putting the other guy on the ground, force him off the track, turn him around, cut him off, just dont put him on the ground.

• Like 3

This is yet another disgrace to the sport.  If the incident was severe enough to fine someone, that confirms it was a violation of the rules.  Why wasn't he docked a position?  If the pass was illegal then the points gained should be too.

This meaningless, half measure penalty clearly shows they really don't think he broke the rules and only issued a fine to appease someone.

I think the pass was fair play.  But if I'm wrong and it really was a rule violation they should at least have the guts to back up their ruling and take the #1 plate too.

• Like 18

5 hours ago, Brian Wilson said:

This meaningless, half measure penalty clearly shows they really don't think he broke the rules and only issued a fine to appease someone.

Of course this penalty was giving to appease Monster Energy and Mitch. You have to look at the fact that MonsterEnergy may own the series in sponsorship but a rival energy drink sponsored rider took away their trophy for the year which really pissed them off and that's why this ridiculous fine was issued and nothing more.

IMO the MonsterE sponsored Feld/AMA ran SX show has become pretty much a joke in professional racing.

Edited by BBA
  • Like 9