Interesting to geeks

Yea I took the geek bait....but I liked this little jem....

"13 Career wins by Tomac after his nine-win performance in 2017. He moved up from tied for 30th on the all-time list to 15th just behind Jean-Michel Bayle"

I found the fact that only 7 riders completed every main event to be interesting.

Really shows you how few riders have a chance at winning the championship.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Metal and Dirt said:

I found the fact that only 7 riders completed every main event to be interesting.

Especially since two of them were Wilson and Baggett.  Wow!

Also crazy is that Roczen got hurt at A2 and was still 4th best in laps led.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, jcm3 said:

Especially since two of them were Wilson and Baggett.  Wow!

Well, I haven't even opened the link and can only think of Tomac, Dungey, and Musquin leading a lap. I'm actually surprised there's that many with how this sport usually goes.

20 hours ago, jcm3 said:

that was most unfortunate...I think that we were in for a German / Honda year with all others trying to play catch up....!

I hope Ken can re-coupe but I think its going to be a tough road. I hope Honda can re-coupe but again that's going to be difficult...!

On 5/11/2017 at 9:40 AM, Metal and Dirt said:

i think that stat alone proves how the chase format will tighten up things a bit come late in season and could make for better title fights.  things happen and 1 race could take you completely out of the championship.  the chase could help with that and make things tighter in most years.  i don't think it mattered this year but in general i think this would help make Vegas exciting again.   

i think that stat alone proves how the chase format will tighten up things a bit come late in season and could make for better title fights.  things happen and 1 race could take you completely out of the championship.  the chase could help with that and make things tighter in most years.  i don't think it mattered this year but in general i think this would help make Vegas exciting again.   

I understand the chase would make things closer near the end, but I would rather see throwing out 1-2 lowest scores. That would make a bad race have less impact overall. However, this is a PRO series so I also understand why there are no throw aways. The champ needs to be the best over the entire series.
  • Like 3

Something needs to be done about the way tracks are wearing down. Rutting down to concrete or plywood is not the way you want to come out of a corner into a triple. The ends of these motos are just flat dangerous.

• Like 2

Let's throw the SX format in the trash and get back to the sports roots........motocross

All the tracks are the same. Most are one lined follow the leader. The tracks chew through riders like my dog chews through shoes and I bet the majority of the crowd filling those seats don't own motorcycles.....quads yes but no bikes

• Like 2

bet we lose more riders to the outdoors than we do to SX this year.  the outdoors is way harder on the bikes and bodies.  this is part of the reason why many don't race the outdoors and especially the privateers.  SX goes bad when things go sideways but its much easier on man and machine.  and that isn't even talking about he major money difference. 

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 7:39 AM, meyermetal said:

...... I bet the majority of the crowd filling those seats don't own motorcycles.....quads yes but no bikes

"quadtards" are every where...and always in the pit / parking area doing circles ! or plugging up my favorite trial...!

I know that this is a risky thing to say in today's society, I know someone may get their feelings hurt, or offended by a point of view that's not there's.....but the fact remains the same....they are "quadtards"...!!

Edited by daled
  • Like 1

On 5/15/2017 at 3:15 PM, daled said:

"quadtards" are every where...and always in the pit / parking area doing circles ! or plugging up my favorite trial...!

I know that this is a risky thing to say in today's society, I know someone may get their feelings hurt, or offended by a point of view that's not there's.....but the fact remains the same....they are "quadtards"...!!

or how they destroy the trails by making every puddle a mud bog 3 feet deep.