Best head pipe?

My 2013 SM had an FMF Q4 slip-on when I bought it. Now I'm looking for a head pipe. I was going to go with the Power Bomb but though I'd ask if there might be a better choice. Thanks!

My 2013 SM had an FMF Q4 slip-on when I bought it. Now I'm looking for a head pipe. I was going to go with the Power Bomb but though I'd ask if there might be a better choice. Thanks!

Powerbomb and Q4 are a good match. Really, the only way you are going to improve on that combo is by swapping the whole system for a MRD or an old yosh ti.

• Like 1

Most slip ons don't work with the aftermarket header. You will need to confirm with Mr. Emler (FMF) if it will work.

My Q4 (purchased last year) came with an adapter to mate it to the smaller stock head pipe if used as a slip on. Assuming his has that adapter in place now, it should fit onto a powerbomb.
  • Like 2

Thanks, I'll check and see if there's an adapter. I'm guessing aftermarket head pipes a larger in diameter?

Thanks, I'll check and see if there's an adapter. I'm guessing aftermarket head pipes a larger in diameter?

• Like 1

Yes, aftermarket headers are larger in diameter.

A low budget option is to find a used header from an E.  It is the same diameter as the PB and probably so close in performance you couldn't tell the difference except for it being cheaper. 

Ok, I looked and it's hard to tell if there's an adapter there or not. Any clues? I'm just trying to figure my budget for mods. 

Ok, I looked and it's hard to tell if there's an adapter there or not. Any clues? I'm just trying to figure my budget for mods. 

I kind of think both the FMF slip-ons come with an inlet big enough to fit on the pb header so a person can just add the header later. There is always the chance I'm wrong of course.  When I bought my system I just got the header and which ever can I wanted , didn't see any separate for slip-on only.

Edited by jjktmrider
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jjktmrider said:

I kind of think both the FMF slip-ons come with an inlet big enough to fit on the pb header so a person can just add the header later. There is always the chance I'm wrong of course.

I tried running my Powercore 4 as a slip on before I got the Powerbomb header, didn't' work. Big air leak unless you have an adapter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HansLanda said:

I tried running my Powercore 4 as a slip on before I got the Powerbomb header, didn't' work. Big air leak unless you have an adapter.

Before I got the Powerbomb header I used HVAC tape and wrapped around the s header to enlarge the pipe just enough to be snug and no leak. 

• Like 1

I bought the Q4 only , hooked it up to the stock. didnt seem to run any better and it looked hacked together.

So i bought the Powerbomb and never looked back. sounds great, looks great.

Do it , buy the PBomb.

• Like 4

On 5/11/2017 at 1:14 PM, Harpdogg said:

I bought the Q4 only , hooked it up to the stock. didnt seem to run any better and it looked hacked together.

So i bought the Powerbomb and never looked back. sounds great, looks great.

Do it , buy the PBomb.

Yep, power and quiet do not go hand in hand.