Looking for opinions. I came across a 2015 Wr250f with only 40 miles. The bike is mint, he had the dealer add a fmf pipe, Ecu re-tune, throttle stop removal, and add a dual sport light kit. $6700 is what he is asking for it with no room to spare. Does that seem like a fair price for a now 2 year old bike? I have had a hard time finding other used ones to compare it to. Thanks guys

Not sure why the ECU would be "retuned" for a bike with a carburator.  Really not sure why anyone would want to remove the throttle stop.  You may want to know the answers to those questions before considering buying that bike.

19 minutes ago, CDNSXV said:

Not sure why the ECU would be "retuned" for a bike with a carburator.  Really not sure why anyone would want to remove the throttle stop.  You may want to know the answers to those questions before considering buying that bike.

Without being too harsh, maybe before commenting know about what you're talking about. WRF has been fuel injected for a few years.

You remove throttle stop on restricted models for more power, the list of mods he has given is very common for American WR riders who's ECUs come very lean for smog regulations. Sounds like someone has also swapped to a "competition" ECU which can be adjusted with the GYTR power tuner.

http://www.dirtrider.com/features/2015-yamaha-wr250f-first-impression

http://www.mcnews.com.au/2015-yamaha-wr250f-review/

1 hour ago, Torrac said:

Looking for opinions. I came across a 2015 Wr250f with only 40 miles. The bike is mint, he had the dealer add a fmf pipe, Ecu re-tune, throttle stop removal, and add a dual sport light kit. $6700 is what he is asking for it with no room to spare. Does that seem like a fair price for a now 2 year old bike? I have had a hard time finding other used ones to compare it to. Thanks guys

I dont know what RRP is in the US, but 40 miles is essentially demo.

Find out RRP and knock of a K or as much as possible.

• Like 1

From what I have seen, the retail on the 15s were around $7800. It sound so like he spent around $1300 in upgrades. The books recommend paying $5700 through a dealer, so upgrades included it seems about right. Just curious what the more experienced guys thought. 

22 minutes ago, Torrac said:

From what I have seen, the retail on the 15s were around $7800. It sound so like he spent around $1300 in upgrades. The books recommend paying $5700 through a dealer, so upgrades included it seems about right. Just curious what the more experienced guys thought. 

The ECU and tune as well as the dual sport kit add value to me. A slip on pipe I consider worthless as an FX muffler would do the same fot less money and I enjoy quiet bikes anyway. 

I think the price is about right. 

2 hours ago, BushPig said:

Without being too harsh, maybe before commenting know about what you're talking about. WRF has been fuel injected for a few years.

You remove throttle stop on restricted models for more power, the list of mods he has given is very common for American WR riders who's ECUs come very lean for smog regulations. Sounds like someone has also swapped to a "competition" ECU which can be adjusted with the GYTR power tuner.

Its all good.  Buddy of mine has a WR250F that is not that old and it has carb.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CDNSXV said:

Its all good.  Buddy of mine has a WR250F that is not that old and it has carb.

2015 is the changeover year.