Sign in to follow this  

Yz250 keep it or smaller bike

I rode a 250f and I rode the hell out it, and had fun my yz250 2t runs like a bat out of hell and when I ride I don't so much have fun but I got a lot faster and I'm a lot more serious when I ride should I down size or keep my bike. I'm 140lbs and 5,8

Yeah, I'm only 16 so I should be able to grow into it, im really good on that bike. I just feel like I'm not using everything up as I was on the 250f but I still ride the hell out of my bike.

Yeah and trying to goon on a 250f you can't even bring the front wheel up in 3rd without revving that bitch out and dumping the clutch

Keep it if everything is dialed in suspension etc. I was thinking about doing the same with my 99yz250 going to a 125. But I'm starting to love the hell out of it I'm 21 165lbs you will grow into it.

• Like 1

Yeah and trying to goon on a 250f you can't even bring the front wheel up in 3rd without revving that bitch out and dumping the clutch

My buddy used to do stand up 5th gear weelies down the road on my old crf250r and on his yz250f. It is possible but you do have to use that clutch.

My buddy used to do stand up 5th gear weelies down the road on my old crf250r and on his yz250f. It is possible but you do have to use that clutch.

Exactly down the road

1 hour ago, markmc2 said:

You dont have to twist the throttle all the way...

Mark is spot on. Throttle control and clutch skills are becoming lost arts. You are learning valuable lessons and will be a better rider because of it. Thumbs up to you young guys on 2t bikes!!! 👍

• Like 2

are you riding MX or offroad? There are ways to detune/tame the engine. I added a flywheel weight and retarded the ignition timing. you also could put a foam Bib Moose in the rear tire. also could get the YZ250X CDI module. G2 throttle cam.

• Like 1