One Major Flaw

Last year I picked up a brand new 2016 KTM 250 XC and while some will say that was may first mistake I have loved riding this bike. I raced multiple GNCCs and had a blast last year(I probably did 8/13 races). However I realized this bike had one major flaw a few months into riding it. After a hard crash at a race I was looking over the bike and remembered my bars felt a little wonky after the crash. As I looked I definitely noticed the bars appeared bent. One side was a few centimeters farther back than the other. I ordered a new set of pro taper woods bars and threw them on. I quickly realized while swapping them out that the problem wasn't the bars but rather the bar mount. The bar mount had shifted. I kind of wanted new bars anyway so I wasn't entirely SOL however it was a little upsetting. The rubber damped mounts had allowed the bar mount itself to shift on the two holes. The only way to fix it is to remove the bars and torque the bar mount straight as you tighten it into place. To keep it straight they have to be tightened way over spec which i don't mind really I usually don't follow spec honestly. Has anyone else had this problem with any KTM 2015-16-17 bar mounts and if so whats the remedy? Thanks

I had that problem once after a crash, but I was on a 2015 CRF250R. I did the same thing you did and upgraded the bars. I then swapped to solid bar mount bushings and haven't had that issue again even with harder crashes. 

Edited by Bluevapor