Which handguards fit the 2017 DRZ400s?

Looking for some hand guards for my stock 2107 DRZ400s. Not finding accurate info for the DRZ400s.

Any preferences?

If you're looking for a cheap ($40) and quality pair of hand guards, I'd recommend the moose racing aluminum handguards. I looped my bike last year on the street and they held up great. IMG_0992.JPG

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bobbb said:

Looking for some hand guards for my stock 2107 DRZ400s. Not finding accurate info for the DRZ400s.

Any preferences?

anything that will fit 7/8" bars. you can spend $30 to $400, totally up to you. 

• Like 1

The barkbusters work well with the stock s levers. I tried another brand I think they were tusk hand guards but they rubbed the levers of the stock S. I spent the extra money and barbusters work well.

I got the Zeta armor pro bend handguards. Spent the extra money on triple clamp mounts instead of regular bar mounts. I've gone down at 35mph, 10mph and 5mph. No damage to my controls or the guards except rash on the plastic sliders (obviously).

I like my Tusk D Flex ones. Haven't tried others. People really seem to like Cycra. I think they look great.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Looks like I will end up with the Cycra Probend CRM Handguards. They seem to have everything I am looking for except the price :)

• Like 2

On 5/11/2017 at 8:04 PM, bobbb said:

Thanks for all the suggestions. Looks like I will end up with the Cycra Probend CRM Handguards. They seem to have everything I am looking for except the price :)

I started with the Absurdbis guards. They had nothing except looks, price and weight. After the first get-off the looks were gone and they were bent to shiest too!

I rock the G2 Ergos with the HDB threaded inserts for a very rigid mount but you have to tap the ends of your fatbars 5/8-11 tpi for installation.It gets rid of the cheesey expanding vinyl friction fit sleeves they give you in most kits.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2017 at 9:02 PM, kingbluey said:

If you're looking for a cheap ($40) and quality pair of hand guards, I'd recommend the moose racing aluminum handguards. I looped my bike last year on the street and they held up great. IMG_0992.JPG

Buddy of mine has the Moose Racing and he too has crash tested them. :thumbsup:

So the Cycras did not fit. Would need to move the ignition and the display.

Any other suggestions that do fit without any modifications to the 2017?

I am looking to get a solid bar of protection that connects into the end of the bar as well as some plastic for wind and brush protection.

48 minutes ago, bobbb said:

So the Cycras did not fit. Would need to move the ignition and the display.

Any other suggestions that do fit without any modifications to the 2017?

I am looking to get a solid bar of protection that connects into the end of the bar as well as some plastic for wind and brush protection.

Sorry about that. I had forgotten that I had modded my cluster bracket. Maybe the Moose Racing? Cycra makes triple clamp brackets, but you need to purchase longer bolts.

20170514_160427.jpg

I picked up a set of Tusk D-flex handguards for $40 from rockymtnatvmc, finished installing this weekend.

They went on well with only slight bending to adjust the angles to bolt up flush.

Also got a Tusk clutch lever and cut it off for 2 finger operation, not to mention now i have a spare lever.

Dave

DSC01761.JPG

DSC01764.JPG

DSC01762.JPG

DSC01763.JPG

20 minutes ago, DS Auto said:

I picked up a set of Tusk D-flex handguards for $40 from rockymtnatvmc, finished installing this weekend.

They went on well with only slight bending to adjust the angles to bolt up flush.

Also got a Tusk clutch lever and cut it off for 2 finger operation, not to mention now i have a spare lever.

Dave

Dave,

Thanks for the photos. That makes it a lot easier. Those look like what I want. Do they seem like they would hold up if they took a beating?

How easy was it to bend them to fit?

Bob

The bar end inserts seem a little cheap but tightened down well. The inside clamps seem solid after cranking them down.

Cant really say how durable they will be I imagine they will hold up just fine for my uses.

I put them in a big vice with soft jaws (jeans) and  bent them slightly by hand.... had to close them in a little and down slightly.

Fitted them in the bar end and adjusted by bending till they met up with the inside clamps nice and square.

Dave

7 minutes ago, DS Auto said:

The bar end inserts seem a little cheap but tightened down well. The inside clamps seem solid after cranking them down.

Cant really say how durable they will be I imagine they will hold up just fine for my uses.

I put them in a big vice with soft jaws (jeans) and  bent them slightly by hand.... had to close them in a little and down slightly.

Fitted them in the bar end and adjusted by bending till they met up with the inside clamps nice and square.

Dave

Dave is this what you bought?

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/1036/-/1157959/Tusk-D-Flex-Handguards-with-MX-Shields-Black

I use Highway Dirt Bike (HDB).  They are the strongest and bolt to their own bar top clamp, not the bars.  Their top clamp can come with options for switches and such.  I also got their fold out mirrors. They really stand behind their product.  The problem is with using them with stock handlebars.  The bar end weight have to be removed and the ends of the bar ends tapped (HDB provides the tap).   I used new ProTaper bars with a higher bend which tapped easily.  You do have to measure the top clamp bolt pattern and order accordingly.  I felt need the strongest, because I fall down a lot.