kx 100 street legal ca

I am 14 years old and am looking for a bike I am 5,0-5,1 my dad says I need a dualsport and i really want a kx 100 i know this is insane and really hard to do because of the 2003 law they passed in california i dont want to hear what i cant do  but will the dmv illegally pass it or can i send it to someone or drive it to someone in arizona just dreaming thanks.

A two stroke for street is not gonna be good, a klx140 would be better if you could actually manage to dual sport a bike out there, but it would do horrible on the highway as they could probably do only about 50-55. You could also just get a dr200 off of craigslist, it would be a bit tall for you, but so will the kx100. It comes from the factory dualsported so you dont have to buy all the lights!

I have a street plated KX100. Terrible on the street. Geared for singletrack it tops out at 45 mph, screaming. Cruises at 30 mph pretty easily. Violent on the road, lots of wheelies out of stop lights. Jetted for extended operation on the road it's too rich for good response off road. It's fine on the road for maybe a mile or so to connect trails, but not something you are going to be going anywhere on. Like previously mentioned, a DR200, TW200, plated XR200, XT225, TLR200, something like that would be far superior as a dualsport bike. Something you could actually go places on. 

• Like 1