Jetting advice on 2 stroke?

Hi, I have a KDX 200. It runs okay, but the idle is rather weak, and will usually die if I let it idle for a little while. I also feel like I'm lacking some power when my rpm is high. Any overall thoughts on what I could do to possibly improve the performance? What jets and needle would you recommend? I live in Texas, usually riding in 60-90 degrees Fahrenheit.

Thanks y'all!

What year kdx do you have and are you running the stock pipe and silencer.  Also how is the compression, when was the last time the top end was done.

What year kdx do you have and are you running the stock pipe and silencer.  Also how is the compression, when was the last time the top end was done.

It's an 04. It has stock pipe and silencer right now. I ordered a gnarly pipe and fmf silencer that I'm going to put in it. Compression is good, could be a little better, but not bad. I bought the bike used a couple of months ago so no telling when the top end was last done. Probably not too recently though.

Im not sure if the newer kdx200 are like the older ones with a very restricted exhaust. With the new pipe and silencer you should have a lot more power and response. You may need to go up 1 or 2 sizes on the main with the new pipe. You may also want to do a new top end. For some reason they don't seem to last to long. A new piston is cheap insurance. 

Fine-tuning the jetting is the last thing you do after confirming the engine is mechanicaly sound:

-good reeds ('looking good' doesn't count, they are wear item just like rings)

-fresh top end

-fresh silencer packing

-float level set to specs

-no internal air/oil leaks (leakdown test)

-clean air filter / fresh fuel

If you attempt to tune with any of the above items needing attention, 

all you are doing is compensating for that problem.

Perhaps improving the driveability at bit but in reality not gaining any real performance.