Selling drz400 for XR400r!

Ive recently become obsessed with buying a street-legal xr400. I currently have a drz400s which is great and all lol, but i really want the honda durability and the weight drop would be nice. Has anybody owned both? What are some of the pros and cons of switching? Any input would be appreciated.

Had XR400. XR600 and KLX400  ( DRZ400with E improvements). All road-legal and used on/offroad

XR400 probably a better dirtbike than others, XR600 best in a straight line, KLX best on and off road compromise of all bikes.  

Basically they're all dinosaurs compared with WR's,EXCF's etc

Having said all that, I admit to going the other direction and found the perfect bike for me is an '82 XL500r........

82 xl500? Talk about a led sled dinosaur! I had an 82 xr250 I think it used same frame size as the 500 (but with half the power LOL).

On 5/11/2017 at 4:09 AM, Smullugan said:

Ive recently become obsessed with buying a street-legal xr400. I currently have a drz400s which is great and all lol, but i really want the honda durability and the weight drop would be nice. Has anybody owned both? What are some of the pros and cons of switching? Any input would be appreciated.

Yes, have had a 2003 DRZ400E and several XR4's. 

The DRZ (E model) has way more power, smoother engine, better on the blacktop.  Soft suspension and so-so offroad performance. 

The XR is better offroad, more vibey and less comfortable on the blacktop, way more nimble, simpler.  Maintenance is super easy.

Both are reliable.  I personally like the XR more but there is noting wrong with the DRZ at all. 

• Like 3